We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline Question

MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Priceline Question

Wondering if anyone here has ever used name your price on priceline. I see you can choose your star rating and the area you want to stay in. If you chose those do they stick to those requirements when searching for a place or do they go around your request for say 4 star hotel and on the strip and just find someplace that will accept your price???

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
156 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline Question

If you bid on a 4 star, they will put you in at least a 4 star. There are lots of hints and info on how to go about bidding on this site: www.biddingfortravel.com

That site will tell you which hotels people typically get if they bid on a 4 star on the Strip, so you'll have an idea. Also gives you hints on how much to bid. Good luck!

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline Question

I have used them but not for Vegas. If you want a 4 star hotel, they will put you in whatever 4 or 5 star place that will accept your bid. They won't downgrade you or put you in a different area. You should look at betterbidding.com before you try to use priceline as they keep track of what hotels are available where and what recent winning bids have been.

MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline Question

Great!!!! thank you so much! I will check out those sites. I am kicking myself right now cuz we got rates on a room at the Monte Carlo last week for May 18-21 for only 420, well we didn't know how many people were going to go so didn't book the room, today the rooms are double that rate!!!! I could about die right now!

Keystone, Colorado
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline Question

princess, go to fatwallet.com and type las vegas promo codes, there is a bunch of good deals there, I think that for the days you want to go there is a special on caesars palace upgrade to deluxe room for $160

MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline Question

Thanks Tato!

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline Question

I used priceline for one night of my stay since it was so expensive everywhere I had checked. I was booked in a hotel that was a little off the strip - the Westin. I booked a 4 star and the Westin is only 3 stars everywhere but priceline. I'm really disappointed with this but there isn't anything I can do now. Just remember when you book that you can't make any changes if you don't like the hotel you get.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline Question

Hi

I used priceline for 2 nights of my stay last year and bid only 5* because that way you know you will get the Venetian Going less than 5* is a risk as there are too many not so nice places that are put in the 4* list that I would not like to get. Also priceline does not get very good prices for the other properties and is usually not as good a deal as the hotel website. The price I paid last year was $140 inc a night for mid week. This was a saving of about $100 a night +.

Good Luck

Clive

MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline Question

I looked at the Westin and thought it looked nice. I don't need Venetian.... I was looking more along the lines of Monte Carlo, Luxor, Treasure Island. That website that was posted about finding out which hotels priceline considers 4 star was helpful and they were all places we are willing to stay at.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline Question

Hi

Yes I agree all those hotels are fine but you may not get any of them or you may pay too much, you do have to be careful with priceline in Vegas it's not the same as using it in other cities. You could be lucky and get a deal or you could be very dissapointed.You have to keep uping your offer till it is excepted so you must do your homework before you bid and not bid more than the cheapest 4* price for the time you are booking as that is where you could be caught out.

Clive

MN
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Priceline Question

so are you saying that if they don't accept I HAVE to keep bidding? I can't just say no thanks and move on???