We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Feeling in the World

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Jersey
Level Contributor
665 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Feeling in the World

I just had a quick flashback to what is perhaps the best feeling in the world for me....

It is that moment during my first evening in Vegas whenever I go, after waking up at 3:30 AM Eastern Time, finishing packing, going to the airport, checking in, going thru security, flying 5 hours to vegas, getting my bags at bag claim, getting the rental car, checking into the hotel, leaving the hotel for lunch, exploring the desert, coming back and exploring the town, eating dinner, gambling, and then going back to the hotel room...

......when, at that moment, I realize.......

..............this is only my FIRST NIGHT in Vegas, and I'm going to be waking up here for the next (4 to 10) mornings!!!!

And then, I can RELAX and bask in the glow of that awesome feeling as I look out of my room window into the neon-lit Vegas night-time sky, dreaming of the excitement and fun and relaxation that awaits me all week long....

I don't know how better to describe it, but perhaps you have felt it too, and then you'll know what I mean...

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

I know exactly what you mean! I get that feeling my first night in Vegas too. It's when I am looking out my window that night at all the lights. Incredible!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

For me, the feeling begins when i look out the airplane window and see the lights of the strip !

parksville
Level Contributor
418 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

12 days to go for me to feel that. Can't wait!

chicago
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

It starts the evening before when I can't decide what to take and then waking up that morning early with my adrenaline pumping and when I finally see the strip from the airplane window as we descend. Oh, what a beautiful feeling. I've finally arrived. 70 days to go.

Oakton
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

Thanks so much for this and in 43 days I will once again feel the same excitement. I know there are people who live close to Vegas and people who go there 3 or 4 maybe even 5 times a year but in my case my wife and I can only go once a year in early May for 10 to 14 days plus we live in Virginia. I guess what I am saying is the great part about this site is knowing I am not alone with my love affair with Las Vegas. To the people who live and work there, thank you and I will be there soon to contribute.

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
673 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

I know exactly what you mean! I can honestly say that I am addicted to Vegas...lol. I just booked my trip a couple days ago, and I am already on a Vegas high. I will be glued to this forum until June 17th, because I need my fix! : ) When I'm on the plane and get my first glance of the strip, it's like I'm seeing it for the first time. My excitement mounts as I get a cab to my hotel, check in (and sweetly ask if there are any upgrades available), and open the door to see the room I'll be staying in for the next 5 days. The first thing I do is rush to the window to see if I have a good view. To me, nothing beats having a view of the strip. I love the feeling of getting up in the middle of the night, walking over to the window, and looking out at all of the lights and excitement of the strip. There's nothing better. Thank God for this forum - otherwise, I would think I was all alone : )

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

I know what you mean. Even after a 11 hr flight from the UK, I still get sooooo excited as soon as we touch down.

On the 1st night the jet lag usually kicks in, but nothing can ever dappen that feeling you get when you walk on to the strip and see it all lit up and realise this feeling is here to stay for the next 10 nights.

I do envy those of you who live close enough to visit Vegas 2-3 times a year, if I had enough money I would do the same.

15 weeks to go until my next visit. I will be on this site everyday until then.

It's just so good to know there are other people out there who feel the same as me.

Hope you all have fun

arkansas
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

For me, that feeling is when I am driving to the airport, I know the trip is under way!

Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

OH, my gosh!! I am totally with you! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I get "goose-bumps" just thinking about it. It's that feeling...that unmistakeable feeling that only Vegas gives me.

I've traveled to so many wonderful destinations in my life, I am very fortunate....but there is NO place that gives me the rush of adrenaline like Las Vegas.

Looking out the window as we take our final descent into McCarran......that's when it begins......then getting off the plane and hearing the slot-machines, and reading all the bill-boards in the airport as we wait on our luggage. Stepping outside to get our cab, taking a deep breath of that wonderful desert air......and then.......the hotel! Going to the hotel, checking in, and.......yes......RUNNING to the window to take in the view. And.....I, too, love to wake up in the middle of the night to just look at the lights, and feel the excitement.

On our last trip (2-25/ 3-1) I literally stopped in the middle of the bridge going between Caesars/Ballys......and yelled, "I LOVE THIS CITY!" My husband turned twenty-eight shades of red, but......no one else even cared! Because....it's VEGAS!!!

Jersey outside of...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Best Feeling in the World

9 days from nowI will be feeling that for the first time ever.