We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Topic
Possible upgrade at Excalibur

I have prepaid for a king resort tower with a view and have paid all taxes and resort fees. I emailed Excalibur and asked what the price difference would be for a resort tower luxury suite. They replied and said 75.00/night. Do you think that is the best I could do or wait upon arrival and try to get it comped(very low gambler) or at a better price? It will be for 5 nights starting on Thanksgiving Day. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,707 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,217 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from US$598.99*
19 replies to this topic
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Ive never had a Resort Suite,,,,,so I cant say if its worth $75 more

At Excal, you want at least a Royal Tower room, and that should be less than $10 nt more

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

We always stay in the resort tower b/c we think they are nicer even though the royal tower is newly remodeled. I thought 75.00 was a bit high, but it is a suite. I will wait to see if anyone else responds. Thank you for your input!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

I it isn't worth it. For the money you could get a Tower Deluxe Suite at Luxor, a Delano King Suite, a Tower Spa Suite at MGM for roughly the same money. These are all superior options.

Now if you love Excalibur and want a tub to soak in, plus a powder room, take it. Keep in mind there are probably few of these suites as Excalibur wasn't built to attract high rollers. In the end you have better options. Slow time of year, which is why I'm in town too.

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
11,372 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Had the room a few years ago on a comp. Its nothing special, not $75 a night worth. The Royal tower has new carpet and paint, and the old Mandalay Bay furniture many consider an upgrade. Try the $20 trick

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Like I said I am not a high roller at all, but when they give comp upgrades when you check in I was not sure what that was based upon. Is it your tier status or just how much money you are holding in your hand to give as a tip lol? The room we have reserved will be perfectly fine, but I thought a suite would be nice since my 2 cousins are coming this trip as well and staying in their own room, but I thought having a living room would be nice to hang out and have a few drinks before we go out for the night. The fridge as well would be a plus as well.

Level Contributor
1,339 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

You picked Excal because it was cheap right?

Stick with the cheaper room and meet your cousins for a drink downstairs.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Yeah cheap and the cheap gambling, plus we like the atmosphere of it. You are probably right, plus I can use the extra money to gamble some more LOL!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

From my experience with Excalibur, they make you actually pay for the upgrade rather than try to Sandwich trick it. But, good luck if you try.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Thank you so much for the info!!! Do you think instead of 75.00/nt I could get them down lower??

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible upgrade at Excalibur

Did you book thru MLife?

Reply to: Possible upgrade at Excalibur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted