We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

We are heading to Vegas next month and after a change of plan, we plan to get married on the terrace of our suite. We have booked a terrace suite, however since we now want to get married I want to upgrade to a fountain view suite.

Am I best doing this now or when we check in? My travel agent has imformed the hotel of my marriage and its also my 30th when we're there, so are we likely to be offered an upgrade at a better price at check in or do I do it now to avoid disappointment?

Thanks!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,705 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,205 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
926 Reviews
from US$598.99*
5 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29,810 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

If you want to ensure that you get what you want you should book the room that you want.

There is no quarantee that a the suite type you want will be available at check in at the regular rate let alone a discounted rate.

If you dont care whether or not you get the room, then you can wait and take your chances.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

Thanks, I have contacted the reservations department at the hotel to price the upgrade. This is our first time to Vegas, and wasnt sure if it would be easier at check in

Boston
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

"We have booked a terrace suite,"

Cosmo has a bunch of room types that have the word "Terrace" in them, but there is one room type that is specifically (and exactly) named "Terrace Suite." All of those Terrace Suite rooms have a fountain view.

If that's the room type you booked, then you already have a fountain view. if not, they will change your room type in advance - you may or may not get a small discount.

Don't wait until check in, there's only 3 Terrace Suites on each floor of the West (Chelsea) Tower. They have become very popular and now are usually priced higher than a Wraparound.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 13:09
Boston
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

Adding: Check the floorplans on the Cosmo website to make sure you know how long the terrace is. I don't think you'll get more than 6 or 8 people max onto the terrace of a Terrace Suite.

Washington
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade

OP - Before you make any decision; the "Terrace Suite" that you've already booked is most definitely going to come with the Bellagio Fountain View. These are located in Cosmo's Chelsea Tower, which sets immed. behind Cosmo's more frontal Strip Boulevard Tower. The key differential will be that you won't have as much of a nice view range of the LV Blvd. Strip whereas, the viewing point of the Strip will be a tad bit more limited (although it'll still be reasonably nice).

You said you would like to upgrade to a Fountain View Suite; are you referring to one of the Terrace Wraparound Suites? If so, you'll have to remember that the most ideal Terrace Wraparound Suites are located in Cosmo's Boulevard Tower, with the Bellagio Fountains/North Northeast Strip View advantage level (just one of these per floor, ending in room Series ##78). So this is "one" extremely important element you must keep in mind when reconsidering! Other than for that, all Terrace Wraparounds will have large double-sided balconies, allowing for additional terrace space for entertaining &/or enjoyment practices.

"BUT BEFORE" you make the decision to switch from your current Terrace Suite to a Terrace Wraparound Suite (be it a Fountain View or not room), there is something additional to keep in mind! The Terrace Wraparound Suites located in the Chelsea Tower, have not yet begun going through Cosmo's room remodeling project. All room categories (other than for the Top Floor Suites, which were redone last year) in Cosmo's Boulevard Tower are currently going through the remodeling phase project. My Host told me that Cosmo is removing all the Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezers out of the Wrap kitchens, substituting in place a smaller mini-fridge instead. In addition, I do believe they are also removing the stove/ovens & microwaves from the kitchens, but will be keeping the wine cooler fridges. This process has already been completed on the Boulevard Tower floor levels, ranging from the upper 60s floor levels continuously on down to approx. this Tower's mid-30s floor levels. So OP - If you are seriously still considering your Suite Upgrade move, a Chelsea Terrace Wraparound Fountain View might potentially be the better selection to go with, being that the Cosmo hasn't yet begun remodeling work on (as far as I'm aware of) their Chelsea Tower rooms, which I believe the Wraps in this particular Tower may potentially still have the original full amenity kitchen appliances (before they get remodeled).

I don't know who on earth within the Cosmo Managerial Level made the decision to remove these nicety amenities from the rooms. But Cosmo is most definitely making a considerable "huge mistake" in doing so, which may potentially windup detracting folks away from wanting to stay at the Cosmo during future stays.

Reply to: Cosmopolitan Suite Upgrade
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted