I know there are some people keen for a review of this airline so I thought I would post a report.
I flew Maxjet from Stansted to Las Vegas on Monday (i.e. I am in Vegas now - hurrah!). My thoughts are:
1. Check-in quick friendly and efficient. It is located at the far left of the terminal btw.
2. Lounge was ok with plenty of drinks and also sandwiches, bagels, wraps, scones etc. Only slight gripe was that there were no loo's in there.
3. Flight left 30 minutes late but there was an announcement about the delay 45mins before the scheduled departure time. Watch out though, as the announcements only go out in the lounge, not in the terminal (including the boarding announcement).
4. The plane itself was comfortable and spacious. The loos were the only thing that gave the age of the plane away.
5. My DigiPlayer did not work, but the got me another straightaway.
6. The recline of the seat was good, but obviously they are not flat-beds.
7. Food was ok. Standard business class fare, but geared to an American market.
8. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that they took an age to clear plates and trays (well over 45mins).
9. Flight was almost full, only 2 spare seats - and the best thing...no kids whatsover, so it was a nice peaceful flight!
Overall, I would say that Maxjet stands up well against the American airlines (AA/Delta/United etc) and BMI business classes, but is obviously not in the same league as BA or Virgin. However, for the price, the extra frills you get from BA and Virgin are not worth the extra £2-4k!
I'm flying back next Thursday, so I'll post another TR of the return flight.