We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Rewards Change for 2018

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Total Rewards Change for 2018

So I was just at the diamond lounge at Flamingo in Las Vegas and was told starting in 2018 you will need at least 25,000 tier credits in your account to use the diamond lounge. If you have less than 25,000 tier credits you will have to spend 2500 rewards credits for yourself and 500 rewards credits for a guest each time you go. Has anyone else heard this info?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,704 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,203 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
926 Reviews
from US$598.99*
9 replies to this topic
Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g45963-…

Boston
Level Contributor
3,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

I don;t think the exact fee info has been posted before, that's useful if what you were told is accurate. Don;t know why they would charge so much more for a member than a guest and $25 seems way out of line.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 00:28
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

I'll bet this is a result of their diamond matching program. Many used their upper status cards to match to diamond and now they are just going to the diamond lounges and not actually playing at CET properties.

JMHO.

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
11,334 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

I think so Big D

Ocean City, New...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

Welcome to New Jersey!

canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

I am giving up on the Total Rewards I think..........For several years I could log in and was constantly comped rooms when I brought up the rate calendar for Las Vegas - in several different properties. Approximately a year ago all of a sudden I couldn't get any promotions properly on my account - I visit Las Vegas 3 times / year for a week each time. I called the customer service desk etc.,..... anyway couldn't figure out what the heck was happening. Another example I just get emailed a promo for two free nights - I log in and use the code and nothing in any hotel shows up! Frustrated.

I posted several months ago but anybody else getting the same thing? I know others that visit once / year and do not not spend near as to what I spend and they still have comped nights showing up on their account. I am a Platinum member too if that even matters.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

I have no issues with comps. There are certainly some busy times my play doesn't warrant a comp, but if I'm flexible with my dates I have lots of free room options.

In regard to the free nights offer, check which room category it's defaulting to. Mine always defaults to the highest room like a penthouse suite and shows no availability so I have to manually choose a lower end room to get it to show up.

There probably are ppl who go once a year and spend less than or same as you per year, but they spend more per day and that's what matters. If I run 5000 points for platinum spread over several 5 night trips per year and my friend runs 5000 in one 5 night trip, her offers will be better.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit, London
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

Comped rooms are based on your ADV (Average Daily Value) and not your total rewards status. I personally am Diamond but only get lower end properties in Vegas comped Sun - Thurs as my play is low in Vegas. I can't get the promo codes to work on the website as well so always have to call them in.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Total Rewards Change for 2018

always call as born2travel says. they will be able to find availability at hotels and then you can request for the nicest category that your comp allows. my situation is the same as cbub.. it will put me to a room that i cant use since i always have my dogs with me. so i have to fiddle around online. i always find it easier to just call. :)

Reply to: Total Rewards Change for 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted