We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For the April Vegas go'ers

chicago
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
For the April Vegas go'ers

I know that there has been similar posts like this one before...but just want to know what you guys are doing (besides visiting this site) to (try) and get by these last few days/weeks left. I've talked to my friend who's already there and just tried to call her back. No answer. I guess I'm trying to live a little of her Vegas experince with her over the phone.

I have 25 days to go. I start counting only work days. Which will give me only 15 days. I work four days and off three. I guess I'll try anything to shorten the time

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

I'm tanning. Pastey white Minnesota skin doesn't do well in the desert sunshine. It's a fun preparation for the trip and gives me 20 minutes of free daydreaming.

Daydreaming of Vegas . . . great way to pass the time.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

Im not coping very well at all!!!!!!. lets see,I look forward to turning the page on my desk calander

spend each day knowing I need a haircut really bad and only have 17 days to get one(less actually because i leave in 18 days and hhate the new haircut look)

Im reading this and another message board constantly and not reading my businesses email enough.

oh yeah lets see,im worrying that maybe id better get my drivers liscense replaced since its a little beaten up and worry ill get turned away aT THE AIRPORT.

lets see ummmmmmm i count my secret stash of $ that ive saved the last yr and ahalf and worry ill lose it,get it stolen befor my trip. ummmmmm see,im not coping well haha but ill end it here because i can go on and on

chicago
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

when are you guys going?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

I think I have 23 days to go. I am working day and night to make money forr my trip, so that is keeping me pretty busy! What is good for me is that I am pretty much in charge of this trip and so I'm making lotsof plans, I'm not one of those plan every minute out , but I do have an itinerary that I wrote up in a Word document and everyday I have something to add or change on it -

example - the itinerary used to read "We may rent a cabana on Wed" but now it definitely reads "We have a cabana rented for Wed".

Good luck keeping busy and Vegas dreaming. I'm also trying to learn DDB Poker on Wizard of Odds inmy spare time. And I spend way too much time on this site but heaven forbid something new comes up and I don't know about it!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

i leave on april 2nd... it's only 8 full days away, but it feels like forever...

i swear time is going backwards.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

Thanks for reminding me, I need to make an appt for a cut and highlights. Did the only online shopping I'm going to do the other night and yes, a few visits to the tanning bed in order also!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

ok i know i joked alot in my earlier answer but luckily i have a copyshop in a college town(va tech) so this time of year its really busy ,so i guess working and staying busy helps, but really my wife does all our packing so cant do that yet, all our plans as far as shows are set so no need to kill time checking for tickets, im just hanging on the edge ready to go. all i can say is my flight arrives at 3pm thursday the 12th of april,and id better have a drink in my hand by 4pm. (allowing for luggage,and im supposed to be getting vip check in) if im off ill give it till 5.00 to have that drink haha

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

i like the itinerary idea... i have one for the trip we're taking in may 2008 and it's become a 6 page word doc already, lol.

this trip is not so planned, i'm using it as a reconnaissance trip for next year, lol.

i've been killing time on freeslots.com

it's amazing... i can feed my slot addiction without losing any of my money.

north in Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

We go in 28 days. I am reading this board like crazy, reserved tickets to another show, basically deciding which of my plans (for the last who nows how long) that I am actually going to call and reserve - ie; restaurants, spa treatments etc. I know this last part will go by so slowly.

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: For the April Vegas go'ers

Reading this board A LOT, shopping for Vegas clothes, planning shows, EXERCISING to fit in those "fun" Vegas clothes and suit, tanning and getting NOTHING done in my house!!! Won't this be the best 40th birthday bash!! We are so excited for it!!