We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

HI everyone, its our first time to las vegas, in fact its our first time to the USA, we are flying in from New Zealand, wondering if anyone has any inside word of specials or excellent room rates in las vegas on the dates above. we'd love to be on the strip in a 4 * or something like that, but only have a budget of around 100 a night.. so far we are looking at staying at the golden nugget, but would prefer to stay on the strip if at all possible. also need return airfare from LA.. ANy help or advice on good deals would be appreciated, have searched high and low on priceline, hotwire, easyclick etc.. but have not found much for those dates :(

Cheers

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
691 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

The prices for May 21 - 23 have gone sky high. I have bally's for $49 per night but if I booked it now, it would be over $300 per night.

I use tavelaxe on lasvegasadvisor.com to find my best prices.

Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

we're travelling from Australia around the same period. I've quickly learned from the website that Vegas is much cheaper during the week than on a weekend. Can you be flexible with your days?

Ask your travel agent about flying to Vegas from NZ with a stopover in LA (we are doing this from OZ and it worked out heaps cheaper than arranging a flight from lA to Vegas seperately).

Best of luck, hope you have a really great time :)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

You will have major issues finding a cheap rate. I am traveling May23-June2. I got a $45 rate at IP but that is because I have a players card there. Also the people at IP told me that there is going to be a medium-large convention during the beginning of the week of the 23rd, and then of course you have Memorial Day weekend working against you too. If I were you I would book at Golden Nugget for now. I stayed there before, it is very very deluxe, their rooms are the exact same as the Mirage.

It is possible in the week or two before your trip that discounted websites will drastically decrease their rates! This is what I did for my previous trip. Vegas.com wanted over $100 for a Sat night stay at Golden Nugget, and a week before my vacation the rate dropped to $55. These discount sites buy up blocks of rooms in advance, and have to eat the costs if they do not sell. And if they still have a surplus of rooms, they will definitely drop their prices. Just as long as you can cancel your original reservation up to 24 hours in advance, I would use this method.

Check out vegas.com, tripreservations.com, travelworm.com, even priceline.com

atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Speal Deals For May 21 - 23 or may 27 - 29th

hotels in downtown for 25 dollar..................