We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton WV
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Yesterday, I appeared to open up a can of worms when I brought up my opinion about certain rude people who frequent this forum. Many people responded. To those of you that supported my opinion, I sincerely say thank you! To those of you that made fun of the fact that I reside in West Virginia, I invite you to visit my state to see its natural beauty. Not all the people in my state are the uneducated hicks that you see on TV and in the movies. I am an educator with a Masters degree who simply loves to play themed nickel machines. I will be flying out to Vegas at the end of July and I hope to hit a few jackpots on those machines. To everyone in here,including those that weren't so nice, I say have a great weekend! TIM

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Tims: Yeah, you did , but that's OK..you have every right to ask questions, reply to posts, as much as anyone else...What you got in return was a few more "rude" comments..I tried to help, but just got flak in return...I guess its human nature to attack one's home state when a person actually feels inferior, but that doesn't make it right..WV is beautiful...You should be aware (I notice you have only about 40 posts, so you will learn) that some people on here pretend to be "high rollers", when in reality, they probably have never been to Las Vegas...It simply is their "fantasy"...They pretend to know all the ins and outs and bragg about how much they spend, how all the "guys" hit on them , when they have never left their computer...I also have a Masters degree, and I love to play all the slots and occasionally Blackjack, but always lose...Degrees, and how successful one is, does not determine which games we like to play...which hotels we stay in, etc...just lean back and know that you stirred up some fantasy vegas wantabees..JIM

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Tims, dont worry, there are rude people on here just as in the real world...I have found a lot to be helpful and some to be downright rude, i just roll with the flow,,,,enjoy ur vacation, 2 days for me wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bella

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Almost heaven, west virginia

Blue ridge mountains

Shenandoah river -

Life is old there

Older than the trees

Younger than the mountains

Growin' like a breeze

Country roads, take me home

To the place i belong

West virginia, mountain momma

Take me home, country roads

Florida
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

Wow, BigTex, you must REALLY like WV, either that or you really like John Denver, LOL.

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Replying to comments about rude people in this forum

I thought that was rude of everyone too. It seems that most people who make fun of the more rural areas of the country are simply jealous. Don't be concerned whatsoever with what others think--those of us living in the quieter non-congested areas of the country have satisfaction enough.....

Lori