We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Hi!

Would anyone know if Alamo is still off of the strip on Bermuda? Also, can we take the Alamo shuttle from the airport? Thanks.

Lucia

Level Contributor
134 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Yes, as of March 27-April 3 we rented from Alamo and the shutlle took us to Bermuda for car pick up. We returned the car to Bermuda and took the shuttle back to the airport.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

No, on April 4th all the rental car companies moved to one central location located off of warm springs road which is right near the Las Vegas Outlet Mall. It is a huge facility for all the agencies to work out of.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

There are no big car agencies left at their old locations-Hertz, Dollar, Alamo, Thrifty- they have all moved to the new facility.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Thanks again everyone!

I have recently found out that I can drive to George Crockett Rd which is just off of Las Vegas Blvd a little after Sunset to drop off my rental car. I appreciate all your help. Thanks again, Lucia

NJ
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Does anyone know if they removed the airport charge from the rental as they no longer have the cars at the airport?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Foxxygrandpa, I don't think so - I'm looking at my Thrifty rental for July and part of the $50 worth of taxes on the $100 rental is still "Customer Facility Charge" $3/day (none of them specifically say the word airport). You also have your "Concession Recovery Fee", "Highway Surcharge", "Sales Tax", and "Vehicle License Recoupment Fee". What a rip.

vegas
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

yes they do rip you off when we rent we go thru hertz local edition location using a AAA discount great prices they will pick you up and drop you off but i dont know how far they will go to get you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Somebody has to pay for that new facility. And guess who that somebody is? Right!!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

Vegastaco, will they go as far as to the airport to pick you up? LOL.

Actually, I can't complain, my 7 day rental for $150 total is still really, really low compared to some cities.

10. Re: Is Alamo still on Bermuda Road? Questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 21:17