We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Hotel Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo Hotel Vegas

We have reservations at the Flamingo in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me if it would be worth the money to upgrade the regular room to a "Go" room. Any suggestions on where the best view room would be.

Reading PA
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

There are strip and non-strip views available with either room. Strip View is nice, but the pool view worked for us as well. The GO rooms are nice and in your opinion worth the extra money. A view of them is available on YouTube. But we have stayed in both in the past year and never had a bad room.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

ohio .... I returned two weeks ago and my recommendation is to go with what reservation you made. I had reservation at the Flamingo and was luck enough to get a GO room at check in. If you don't like what is given to you, than go back and ask for an upgrade. Good luck.

North Jersey
Level Contributor
665 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

Did you try asking the Flamingo reservations folks? They may have more info than any of us.

From what I know, the GO rooms are being placed on the strip side so you get the good views, although there are plenty of standard rooms still on the strip side.

The GO rooms are redecorated, they're kinda bright and gaudy, but they also have some neat features that aren't in the standard rooms. I think as you seem to want, the real attraction is the view, and for that I don't think you NEED a GO room. But call the reservations folks and ask, it can't hurt.

uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

i personally would recommend the GO rooms. The deluxe ones dont have a strip view and the luxury ones do. Video and reviews here:-

www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php…

Kentucky
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

Not all Go rooms are strip front. They have a go deluxe and go luxury , only the luxury is strip front and it does cost more than the deluxe.To upgrade to a go deluxe is $50/night and I think around $70 for the luxury.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
483 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

From what research I have done go (no pun intended)with the GO rooms. I have one booked for 8 nights in July and cannot wait.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
101 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

We stayed at the Flamingo last week and had a GO room - the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I would stay there again for that reason alone.

Ontario
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

I was wondering if the GO Rooms only have king sized beds. That is all I can seem to find but would be interested in staying in a GO room is it was two queens.

If anyone know, thanks.

C-S

Sacramento, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

Canadian-Scot:

Stayed in a GO luxury room with two queen beds in March. Room with two queens is a little tight but we loved the beds and had a view of Bally's and the Bellagio.

Ontario
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo Hotel Vegas

Thanks godzilla for the quick reply.

May look into upgrading. Not really fussed with the fancy additions in the room but like the idea of a newly renovated room.

Do you know if the GO rooms are any bigger than the standard Flamingo rooms?