We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your fave Italian restaurant?

Vancouver, BC...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Your fave Italian restaurant?

Again, my husband and I are looking for a good italian restaurant either on the strip or downtown for a dinner out when we're in Vegas.

Your suggestions?

Ps: I prefer not to break the bank on this, IF possible! Just good italian food in a nice place.

Thanks in advance!

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

we like La Scala

Vancouver, BC...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

Where's La Scala located?

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

There is a place DT called Chicago Joes that beats all on the strip not to mention a whole lot less expensive.

Dacula, GA
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

Vegashomeboy: Can you walk from there to Fremont St. Safe? Close?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

I'm going to get absolutely slammed for saying this but...my favorite Italian is Battista's Hole in the Wall. I know, I know, the food isn't on par with a place like LAaScala, or heck, even Olive Garden, but I go for the cheap price, unlimited wine and Old Vegas feel. It's all about the entire experience. You walk in to Battista's and it's like it's 1962 all over again. There aren't too may places on the Strip where you can get that nowadays.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

I am far from a wine snob ( we usually order house wine everywhere)- but the wine at Batista's is really horrible- I don't know where they get such awful stuff- I'm guessing they sit vats of grape juice in the hot sun for a few hours till it spoils...I guess that's how they can serve it for free- I wouldn't drink it again if they paid me to...

If you only are going to go to one Italian place, I beg you not to choose that one.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

We liked Maggiano's Little Italy in the Fashion Show Mall across from the Wynn. Upscale, yet won't break the bank. Ask for a table overlooking the strip.

Vancouver, BC...
Level Contributor
337 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

Vegas Homeboy, is Chicagos in a hotel dt?

Thanks to all that replied!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

I have ate at Chicago Joes in CA and if this is the same place then their pizza is the best.. it is not deep dish but the crust is almost NY style. I like their antipasta salad also and I normally dont like that type of salad.

Reading PA
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your fave Italian restaurant?

Healey04....we are with you and love the place. I don't drink wine, so I can't speak about that, but the entire place is filled with charm and old Vegas style.

It will be gone before too long and Vegas will be missing another piece of it's history.