We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grrr!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Grrr!

I'm having a terrible time at work today and the only thing keeping me from jumping out the window is my trip to LV tomorrow. Every call, email, fax and question is making me hate my job more and more. Having said this I've noticed the pattern and can see this happens EVERY time I'm about to go on a trip.

8pm tomorrow can not come soon enough...

Does anyone else get the 'pre-trip bitchiness'?

api
Minnesota
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grrr!

Absolutely! I don't leave for another 15 days. It is gonna be a long 2+ weeks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grrr!

Myrtle - I feel your pain. Everyone I have dealt with today must know I'm leaving next week so even though this is MY pre-trip I'm getting THEIR bitchiness. I just commented to a co-worker that sometimes I get tired of being the adult.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grrr!

yeap, that's what i am having right now, i can't even start working today, i am not leaving untill next friday (not to Vegas though). I was fine yesterday, but today, oh my gawd. And i have deadlines, rrrrrrrr

Red Deer, Alberta
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grrr!

I hear ya! As I look out the window right now and see all the HUGE snowflakes come down I sigh a depressing sigh but then smile because this time next week I will be in LV hopefully catching some rays sipping a cold one!

KENTUCKY
Level Contributor
235 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grrr!

I leave in 17 days and I'm going crazy! I just got back and I'm so ready to go again!

Alabama
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grrr!

Get to work early to catch up on issues.

Get calls starting right at 8 about things that I cannot take care of so why are they calling me.

Find out at 9:00 that I have to stand in for boss at 10 at meeting;

more phone calls about things I cannot control...

I WANT MY VEGAS...

Bennington, Vermont
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grrr!

That is so funny! I was mentioning the same exact thing to a friend over lunch yesterday. I head out to Vegas on Saturday night. I'm doing better today with my "pre-trip bitchiness" but I took a half day on Friday cause I know I'll have a relapse by then.

Recognizing the problem is the first step... :o)

Oakton
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grrr!

When you count the days for a year like I do the last two weks(leave on May 2) are crazy. Starting today I tell everyone that I work with and for that I will be leaving but in most cases they do not really care and sometimes I think they go out of their way to create problems. I will not say I hate my job because when things get nuts at work I focus on the plane landing in Vegas and that green color of the MGM. Helps me block out all kinds of things. Enjoy Vegas,have a wonderful time.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grrr!

Myrtle, I think you need a mojito. Just make sure you don't get in a car afterwards with Can_Cancun or steelersngators...;)

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grrr!

Just tell people you've got PVS..."Pre-Vegasual Syndrome"...