We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest flights

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
cheapest flights

does anyone know when the cheapest time of year to fly to vegas is

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest flights

I have flown in Feb and in March before and paid different amounts. The cost of Las Vegas has more to do with hotel costs, which go up and down a lot depending on the time of the year, then airlines.

new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest flights

thanks i was lookin for later in the year as i already have the room comped

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest flights

Check out farecompare.com. I get several emails per day with specials from my home airport to other cities I have picked out. The fares can change from morning to afternoon. I have learned a lot about how airlines operate, and when to get the best deal, etc from this site as well. I also like bestfares.com.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest flights

If you are near anywhere that is serviced by Allegiant Air, you might check the website for them. We almost always save money flying them. No frills but they get me there...LOL

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest flights

There's no right answer to that one, but there are certain times of year where demand for Vegas is a little lower ("little" is relative!) than other times. The week after Labor Day, the week after Thanksgiving and maybe 10 to 2 days before Christmas come to mind. In general, the airlines jack up their fares in the summer because so many families travel then and they can get away with it. So even though it's 115 F in Vegas and the hotels may be a bit more affordable, the air fare may still be high.

6. Re: cheapest flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 22:15