We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stratosphere restaurant

fylde coast england
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
stratosphere restaurant

my girlfriend has a hankering to try the revolving restaurant at the stratoshere - is it any good and worth the effort, walk in or need to book, expensive?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Bath, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stratosphere restaurant

sscrabble,

I'm thinking of doing the same for my wife's 50th in september, look at the TA reviews by searching for stratasphere restaurant. I've looked through most of them and its a mixture of good service/bad service, good food/bad food, it seems to be down to personal opinion of course but one thing people always say is its a fantastic view. Oh and its on the pricey side although if you go for lunch its cheaper :-)

Try it and then you can let me know if it was worth it ;-)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stratosphere restaurant

The view at night is sensational and the atmosphere very romantic but, in my opinion, the food is just ok and VERY overpriced. The pricing is much fairer for lunch but, of course, you don't get the great after-dark view.

If you do want to have dinner there, I'd definitely make a reservation.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: stratosphere restaurant

The view is great but you will be paying dearly for that view. I don't think the food is all that good considering the price. I would eat elsewhere. You could just pay and go to the top to have drinks or go to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio for the view and go to another restaurant to eat.

You will definitely need a reservation for dinner.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,517 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stratosphere restaurant

Just throwing in another opinion that the food is just "ok"...I'd go for a drink...

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stratosphere restaurant

You can go to the Top of the World for a drink and to take in the view, but imho the restaurant isn't a bad choice. I've enjoyed several meals there, but then the super exchange means that it isn't too pricey.

It is a romantic restaurant, views are spectacular and tables for two are usually by the windows. Service has always been superb, but I've rarely experienced poor service in Vegas.

Do book ahead, feel free to 'dress up' if you wish, take the special elevator straight up to the restaurant and enjoy your evening!

Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: stratosphere restaurant

sscrable, I've eaten at the "Top of the World" restaurant several times.......I honestly eat there for the view. I've eaten there for lunch with my children, I've eaten there for dinner with my mother, but I think the MOST enjoyable time was with my husband......for an "early bird" dinner.....we got to the Strat about 30 minutes before sunset. We were able to watch the sunset and it was magnificent! WELL worth the price of the food. The food, I find, is very tasty. Yes, there are restaurants in LV that have "better" food....but......I live in the Houston area, and we have all sorts of "on land" fine dining choices! I go for the view. Also, I've eaten at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.....the view is wonderful there, too....just not as high up. You do get a fabulous view of the water show, however! Food is pricey there, too...but I liked it! Any time I don't have to cook/clean-up, I'm happy!!! Have fun!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stratosphere restaurant

If you are a foodie like myself then just go for drinks..the view is spectacular but you can have a nice dinner somewhere else and have a nightcap there. To be fair thought I have only eaten there once and it was not bad but there are so many better restraunts that I would not eat there again. Have a great trip!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: stratosphere restaurant

Here's my brief take:

Food: Absolutely Average

Cost: Expensive

View: Sensational

Doghouse
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: stratosphere restaurant

I've eaten there. Food was good and the price was high.

I have to agree with an earlier poster about timing. Getting there just before sunset can be rewarding. The restaurant rotated - I think a revolution took an hour. We got one view of the strip by day as we sat down and we got a neon overload as we wrapped up dessert.

North carolina
Level Contributor
948 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stratosphere restaurant

food was only decent at best, but damn is the view nice. however i did notice that i was a bit overdressed coming into the strat and walking on the way into the elevator...sorta felt kinda weird, anyone else get that feeling when they went?