We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

alaska kenai...
Level Contributor
812 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

Friday the 13th-

Last year we had eaten at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill for lunch and really enjoyed. This year was more of the same. I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was great, but I thought it could've used a sauce. Husband had a pasta dish and was very satisfied. It was a huge dish with a cajun bite. Love their Dagwood sandwiches. I hear the strawberry shortcake is also really good. The waitresses are all cuties in little bitty uniforms.

From Harrah's we went to Paris. We had never been in Le Boulevard before. The smell of fresh baked bread throughout that little mall was divine. Next time, Le Village Buffet, for sure.

We made our way down to Tropicana for the Pinball Hall of Fame, and took the bus 20 minutes east to Pecos. For full directions, go to www.pinballmuseum.org. My husband said he expected more information about the history of the pinball machines, instead it's like an arcade with at least 50 playable machines. We had a nice, different couple of hours there. There were all kinds of pinball machines, some quite old. For a nice break away from the strip, I recommend. Also, all proceeds go to charity.

By now it was late afternoon and we had tickets to Spamalot at Wynn at 7pm. We gamble there for a while before the show. It's funny, and I never would've thunk it, but Wynn was the only place the slots payed off for me. I hit the 1000 credits on the Ring of Fire quarter machine. $325.00 Otherwise, for the trip, I won $35.00 on a penny machine at the Palms. Too bad all my winnings don't equal all my losses, but it's all good. :)

Spamalot was terrific. I grew up on Monty Python and that kind of silly humor is right up my alley. Anyone else remember "A Night at the Hollywood Bowl "and the philosohers' song? Hilarious. The leads in the show are especially good, and the gay skit is the best! I loved the ending too. Always look on the sunny side of life. The whole theatre is cool. Snackalot-Shopalot....

After the show, we cross the street to the New Frontier. Another place we'd never been in before. We were only in there about a half hour when I couldn't wait to leave. Never to return, I'm sure.

We catch the deuce back to the Strat and decide to have a late snack. End up at Roxy's. The singing waitresses were pretty good. Food was ok. The talent of the staff is better than the food. My husband has a really good run at BJ and ends up quite a bit ahead. We both decide to call it a nite.

Last day- April 14th-

Check out is at 11, so we stow the bags and go upstairs to the Top Of the World restaurant for our last lunch in Vegas. Best view in town. Food and drinks were yummy, service was outstanding, and that view. Wow. After that, we play around the Strat-again no big wins or losses. Off to the airport, and why in hell can't I resist those tight machines there? They are horrible, cursed, every one of them.

Back to Alaska. We had such a good time. A big thank you to all the forum members here.

CO
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

thanx for all reports!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

Glad you had such a nice trip. You didn't like the New Frontier. I have not heard of anyone that likes this place. How do they even stay in business if this is the popular attitude?

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

Thanks for the reports....I want to go..and I am next Friday....and you made me hungry too...lol

4. Re: TR-Days 5 & 6 (April 13&14)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 17:24