We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titanic

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Titanic

Any one been to the Titanic exhibition at the Tropicana yet?

I'd just like to know if it's worth going to.

Thanks

Hev

Long Island, NY
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Titanic

Hever,

Check out these web sites:

www.tropicanalv.com/Tropicana_Coupons.pdf

vegas.com/attractions/…titanic.htm

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Titanic

Thanks Gonzo 13

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Titanic

this particular exhibit has been travelling around for a long time. I've seen it before in Memphis, TN at the Pyramid long time ago. I also saw it again in Phoenix last year. You do need quite a bit of time to walk around the exhibit and if I remember right they still have the headphone/tape sets for you to do the self-guided narrated tour. Amazing some of the artifacts they brought up, if you're a fan of maritime or Titanic history you will enjoy this one. and at 17 bucks ($16.95) you can't beat the price.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Titanic

it will go on in your heart forever.

Near, far, wherever you are.

US
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Titanic

why does this blackjack person answer every question even when he doesnt have an answer. he must have lots of free time.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Titanic

I give that pat answer every time this question is posted, which currently is about twice a week. If you want practical advice, I've heard it's much ado about nothing. It's kind of morbid to go to an exhibit based on a horrific accident where scores were killed in horrible ways. Is that more helpful? I think you are the one in school with no sense of humor, and since you don't get it you have to complain and spoil the fun for everyone.

US
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Titanic

i'm sorry. i didn't know that.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Titanic

VegasFanAZ

Thanks for the info.I've been interested in Titanic history

for years but never had the opportunity to see any artifacts

before.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Hev

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Titanic

Hever,

Since you say you have been interested in Titanic history for years, I would say if you have enough time on your trip to spend a couple of hours at the exhibit, it is worth it. The exhibit is put together very well with a good variety of artifacts, and I found it worth the time and money. (we did not do the sound tour because we didn't have enough time, but I'm sure it would have been good. It was an extra $5)

The exhibit itself is not morbid. What I found morbid, were the "Titanic" t-shirts, chocolate bars, pens, etc. available in the gift shop. Ugh. However there were many books there also that looked very good, and a map thing I was tempted to buy but didn't.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Titanic

owat: "no sense of humor" ? Spoil everyones fun??? You obviously haven't read much of Blackjackmarks responses...otherwise, you would just skip over them, as he thinks he is so "humorous" and seldom has anything worthwhile to contribute...and, yes, he probably does not work or have anything else to do but post all day and night....