We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

Kendall, Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
108 reviews
~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

How strict is The Luxor about room capacity?

Here is why I ask... Me and my friends fly in late on May 24(around 10:30pm arrival). We plan on going on that same night and dont plan on sleeping much. Now, my accomodations dont check in until the next day. The plan is to shack up with a friend who has a room at the Luxor that first night. Considering that we will probably be out most of that night. Do you think I will encounter any problems going up to the rooms if Im not a registered guest? Especially late night/early morning.

Just wondering if its worht it to rent aq roon for one night that will primarily be used to store luggage!!!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,719 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,234 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
618 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
leeds
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

Hi

I stayed in the Luxor last year. In the lifts we used to get to our room you did need your room key to activate them. We stayed in the pyramid, so not sure if it's the same for tower bit.

But didn't really see any staff around the corridors, they're so big and busy don't think anyone will notice?

Or you could book a really cheap room at the Tropicana over the road, we stayed there for 2 nights before the Luxor, it's cheap and cheerful.

Kendall, Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

I thought about getting a room at the Luxor.. there are still decent rates for the one night but I dont think its necessary.. thanks for the info.. I will be with guests so i dont think th ekey issue will be a problem..

thanks again

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

I just hope you are all planning to chip in for the cost of your friend's room, since you'll be camped all over it.

Las Vegas is sort...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

It's a long story, but last year we let a friend of ours sleep on the couch in our room. I think he stayed 3 or 4 nights. Nothing was ever said to us. There were 4 of us who were "supposed" to be there, so I guess it just looked like we'd brought a lot of stuff.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

i stayed at luxor in march and as long as you have a room card for lift you'll be fine

Philly
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

I have booked a room for two and had a "few" others spend a night at the Luxor and never had a problem...they are pretty relaxed there in general as long as you're not overly loud and disruptive...possibly the best hotel for your money in Vegas imho.

Kendall, Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
108 reviews
7. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

yeah, ive spoken to my friend and he is ok with it.. they have several rooms there so it shouldnt be TOO bad.. plus, since we will be out most of the night - we really dont plan on being in the room much.. its mostly just a place to drop our bags after landing and then crashing for a couple hours early morning

thanks again

cant wait!

8. Re: ~Advice Needed~ The Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 05:28