We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

North carolina
Level Contributor
941 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

yeah yeah, we all know it, i sit in my cubicle every day, having this forum open clicking refresh every couple of minutes, just hoping and wishing that someone would post something interesting or a very good TR, just so that i can live vicarously (if only for a couple of minutes) through them... sigh..... i think it's also because some people give too short TR that leave me salivating for more, while others (such as Jaco-ever consider being a short story author?) leave the story nice and strong. C'est La Vie, All i can say is that when i go, i'm going to leave a TR for every day of the trip..just so others will at least be happy for something to read!

Berkshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

When are you going? Waiting for the TR as I too am addicted to them and this sight!!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

Work who said anything about reading TA at work? (wink, wink).

I totally understand and really enjoy reading trip reports, because everyone has different opinions and experiences which helps each of us plan our trips! Thanks to all, Ducky

North carolina
Level Contributor
941 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

lol, i'm sorry to say that it's still gonna be a while, i just re-booked thanks to beantownbabe's ridiculously low promo code through MGM for august. 25th - sept 1st for a week with DW on our one year anniversary!! but i'll definitely give the TR's a good shot, nothing compared to Jaco of course, but i'm gonna try!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

Absolutely - I'm a complete TR junkie and also obsess with the "refresh". My trip is T-20 days so reading all the TRs is the only thing keeping me sane until then.

Maine
Level Contributor
736 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

There is only one bad thing about countdowns.....when there done...the anticipation of going is a great high...leaving LV is a heart breaker....but it is great to read TR's because then you can visually relate to what others are talking about....a daily trip so to speak

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,400 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

With 2529 no, now 2530 posts, I'm not addicted. What makes you think so?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
683 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

damama LOL!! That was funny!

Every time I read a report I have a check list in my mind noting if I've gone the same places or had the same experience. I learn so much from them, what I have to do next trip, or what I want to avoid.

They keep you going between trips, thats for sure!

Thanks to all who post them!!!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

I was initially when I first joined a few months ago, particularly this Las Vegas forum. I thought it would be a great way to network with people just like myself.

But I quickly realized that 90% of the posters on here are 100% different than I am. I consider myself "old school" Vegas, and I'm incredulous when places like the Stardust are imploded because of slot-playing, buffet-eating, show-seeing middle-class Americans that have ruined Las Vegas.

Most newbies have questions that I either have no interest in, or just don't know, because of those differences. I now just browse occasionally looking for a question that I may have an answer to or some insight. But, those are very few.

North carolina
Level Contributor
941 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

wow... not bitter at all are you? i understand where you are coming from, considering that I would have probably fallen in love with the old Vegas, but times change, and las vegas is always adapting to what the times call for. This post is simply for those who like to read Trip Reports, nothing about the socio-economic changes in the short history of Las Vegas. Now, more from those who like TR's!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LMAO! Who else is addicted to TR's!!

I always grab my coffee and sit down at the computer to look for TR's. It's how I start each day :)