We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food on plane???

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
food on plane???

I know the planes offer stuff, but are you allowed to bring somthing from foodcourt on to plane..minus the beverage of course...

speaking of american west.

Thanks

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food on plane???

Yes, chow down, and once past security I think you can bring a drink on too. I know I got an water and took it on in Dec after clearing security.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: food on plane???

Presuming the food court is after you've cleared security, you can normally take on board any food and beverage that you please within reason.

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food on plane???

great...thanks....t minus 36 HOURS.....heartpounding and butterflies....

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food on plane???

Last trip in April, brought fried chicken in my carry-on bag; when I went thru security they stopped my bag to physically check it. I asked what it looked like on their screen and they said “a big fat orange blob”. But, they released my fried chicken which I took on board.

My husband forgot to throw away his lighter which was in his pocket before going thru security and they missed it. He was surprised when we landed that hes had his lighter.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: food on plane???

You can bring any solid food through security and buy any liquid after you clear security. With the airlines cutting down on food service it is best to bring at least some snacks with you. If you get stuck for hours on the plane (and it has happened) you will be very happy you have something to eat and drink .

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food on plane???

Here in Denver leaving I had to throw away a gatorade or drink . You can't bring any liquids thru security.... you can a drink after the security check and they will allow you to take that as its already been screened. Most of the time only get peanuts or crackers so for sure take a snack. Put all your liquid carry on (3 oz) into a clear food bag so it can be checked.

7. Re: food on plane???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 09:18