We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Replacement for Commander's Palace...

Philadelphia/Souther...
12 posts
Save Topic
Replacement for Commander's Palace...

Just learned that Commander's Palace is temporarily closed....I was really looking forward to their weekday $0.25 martini lunch, which I thoroughly enjoyed when I was in LV exactly a year ago. Going again in three weeks, anyone have any recommendations for a good weekday lunch? Middle of the road price range, good food and drink, etc.? Not much into buffets, or chain places like Cheesecake Factory or Maggiano's, etc. Thanks.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

We had a really good lunch at Mesa Grill at Caesar's Palace. Great food (Bobby Flay) and very reasonsably priced.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,313 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

I'm not sure if Max's is still operating at the Alladin/Planet Hollywood but they used to have great lunch specials as well as Happy Hour:

www.desertpassage.com/restaurants.php?id=25

san diego...
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

i agree with the max's 3 for 1 drink specials..pretty darn good drinks too. 3.99 lunch specials, and doesnthave an atmosphere of a 3.99 lunch! awesome food! everything is under 3.99, highly reccommended!

they are still open right?

*crosses fingers*

norman, ok
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

Commander's Palace 18.88 lunch special was incredible and the quarter martinis were tasty too. Can never come close to replacing.

I enjoyed Spago Cafe at the Forum Shops this year. Fairly reasonably priced and quite delicious. Didn't have any cocktails but had a great lunch. Service was almost as good as Commander's Palace.

I think you'd be happy with the choice.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,313 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

Well, a trip report was just posted indicating that Max's is still open at PH, but the $3.99 lunch specials are now $5.99 and the famous all day happy hour prices are now only from something like 3-7 pm. The poster had dined there many times before, but chose not to go in as a protest. So, still there, but maybe not quite the bargain anymore.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

The replacement for Commander's palace is some Hawaiian Tropic restaurant (guess it will be like Hooters, but with HT women). WARNING ABOUT MAX'S, the price is up to $5.99 AND THE HAPPY HOUR is limited to 3-7. $3.99 was a deal that defied criticism (but the food was decent); at $5.99 it creates "expectations" in my view....we passed (went to Sin City to ... clear our heads and re-strategize). Plus the menu offerings at $5.99 looked more limited.

7. Re: Replacement for Commander's Palace...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 14:21