We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM upgrades

leeds
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
MGM upgrades

Hi

I'm staying at the MGM, arrive in 2 weeks. Going for my boyfriends 30th birthday. Booked to stay in the West Wing (although a little worried after reading the mixed reviews)..

anyway.. If I'm brave enough we will be asking very nicely to see if we could get an upgrade. Is this best being done at the hotel check in or do we have the same opportunity at the airport check in?

Thanks..

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,717 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,226 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
378 Reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
1. Re: MGM upgrades

My husband and I reserved a West Wing room on our anniversary, and when we checked in, asked if there were any complimentary upgrades available. We were upgraded to a Bungalow Suite for no additional charge. Just make sure that you are very polite, and make small talk with the check in staff. We checked in directly at the hotel. Good Luck and have fun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
386 reviews
2. Re: MGM upgrades

We were upgraded for our wedding at the airport check in, so it seems worth a try!

Enjoy!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: MGM upgrades

BE brave. You don't get if you don't ask.

West Wing is fine with the updated rooms. They're just the smallest the hotel has to offer. See website for a peek at the room or the floor plan. Ask nicely at either the airport or hotel. If the hotel has space available, they'll tell you if a free upgrade is possible, or what the charge to upgrade would be. DO ask.

Have a great time at my favorite hotel!

leeds
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: MGM upgrades

Thank you all, I'll put on my nicest smile and best Engligh accent and hope there are upgrades available, it would be a fab birthday supprise.

5. Re: MGM upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 15:22