We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ahhh!! things have changed!

san diego...
Level Contributor
597 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ahhh!! things have changed!

so originally we were planning our trip for my bday to vegas, then it changed to a week after my bday..and now 3 weeks later to the first week of august! ahhh!

why must people be overachievers and go to summer school and graduate early lol jk..

anyways..the question is..is the weather any different in august compared to july? july it was hot, record heat because of wild fires, but im a little scared its going to be worse. even though we already said last time that we arent going to be walking the strip, been there done that (a few times)..so guessing that its the dog days of summer, do you think it will be notable difference?

also..watch me tonight on wheel of fortune! :0) my mom and i taped a show on mom and me week..we are the redheads hehe

(sorry for the long rant, just nervous about tonight!)

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

It might technically be hotter in August, but I don't think you'd notice. Once you get past a certain point it's hard to distinguish between different strains of ridiculousness.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

I spent almost 8 years in Vegas- both July AND August. I never really noticed any difference. Once you get much over 100 it doesn't really make much of a difference- 103,105, 107, 110, 115- they all feel the same. It might cool off some at the end of August but that is about it. If you survived July you will survive August.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/vef/climate/page9.php

www.wrh.noaa.gov/vef/climate/page10.php

I will look for you tonight!

Sin City
Level Contributor
899 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

August can be a little hotter than July. Not sure many can notice the difference between 115 and 117.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

I'll watch WOF. My friend and his Mom were on Mom and Me week back in May. THEY won! (the bonus round too!) Pretty cool to watch.

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

both just as hot.

Did you win on WOF?

New York
Level Contributor
875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

Roxy,

When I was there in July, it was always 104. One month later in August, it was almost 110. Didn't feel any different, especially when you stay inside the hotel most of the time. Personally, I didn't think it was bad. But of course, don't forget the sunblock!

I guess we'll all be watching out for the redheads now. How did it feel to turn the actual wheel? : )

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

I lived in Vegas for 12 years. There is a big difference between 100 and 110. Once it goes above 105 you can really start to tell the difference. At night is when the really high temps bothered me, not during the day. When it would hit 110-115 it stayed much hotter at night then when the day time high was 100. When the high hits 100 most of the day is in the 90's which is not bad at all in Vegas.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

July and/or August, expect temperatures as high as 115

Few times that I was there around mid August, the temp was even few degrees heigher than July

Dayton, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

How funny! I was reading these forums and watching TV at the same time, and Wheel of Fortune happened to be on! (I almost never watch WOF and I don't even visit the Vegas forum that often.) I saw the post and then glanced over at the TV to see you there. Anyway, I'm glad y'all won!

Back to the subject - according to the Weather Channel averages, August is not any more hotter than July. It seems that weather gets the hottest around July 20th. I've been to LV in early July, and it was about 108 degrees every day. The bad thing is that it didn't even cool down much at night. I believe the lows were in the upper to mid 80's. Just be sure to drink lots of water!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ahhh!! things have changed!

How awesome! I just watched you on the show. So, when are you going to England? Hope your luck holds out when you get to Vegas. I love putting faces with the personalities on this forum.