We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
planet earth
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

Hello folks,

After many thoughts and reading the reviews I switch my hotel from the Excalibur to the MGM. Basically I was a little dissapointed that the pools at the X was not shaded plus they are doing some kind of expansion. My husband and I are water people, we love to swim like fishes, so MGM was what I decided to do. Did I made a mistake on doing that? I pay just a small small price (kinda) to switch, afterall at 95 plus degrees during June a nice pools are a plus in our book. Stayed at the Grand Wailea and also the Hyatt in Maui (wonderful pools)and I was looking for something like that without flying 10 hours from the east coast.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

I'll be staying at the MGM next month. It'll be my first time in Vegas so I've not had first-hand experience of the hotel, but from what I can gather it is a much better hotel than Excalibur. That includes the pool areas which seem to be amongst the best in LV. So all in all I think you've made agood choice ;-)

I'm sure someone that has stayed at the hotels will be able to give you more info

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

If you're not aware of this set, then I'm sure it will help

www.vegashotelpools.com/hotels.html…

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

I think you made a great decision. I haven't been to the MGM pool (have stayed at MGM though) People here rave about the MGM pool area. I believe they have a couple of pools, lazy river etc.

I'm sure someone who's actually been to the pool will chime in.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

I loved the lazy river. It is awesome!!!! Have fun@

planet earth
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

I cant wait, that lazy river sounds lots of fun!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

They do have nice pool areas at MGM. Keep in mind though that the pools will also be very crowded due to the time of year. If it's beauty and quiet you want besides swimming like fish, Caesar's, Bellagio and Wynn have those things.

New Westminster
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

You have made a good decision. We go to the MGM at least twice a year with the main attraction for us being the lazy river. I have never see the pool at the Excalibur but have not yet seen any pools as good as the MGM lazy river. Apparently the Mandalay Bay has a wonderful pool but very very crowded. We met a couple at brunch last year that got there at 9 am and it was too crowded already. Although the MGM does get busy it has never felt too crowded for me to stay. Go and enjoy it.

England
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

There is no comparrison with pools, MGM is so far ahead of the Excalibur.

Re price Lily, like I said in my last post to you the MGM is actually cheaper when your there than what you were going to pay at the Ex.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

The MGM pools are very nice (probably not as nice as what you found in Maui though). We stayed there about 4 years ago and had a wonderful time out by the pools. My wife and I are pool people, a majority of our day is spent lounging in the sun so the resort pool is always important to us.

It did get a little bit crowded, but never to the point where we couldn't find chairs (there were 4 of us). I'm sure things have changed, but they use to have an adult only pool off to the side that was nice. It was a little more laid back than the other pools, perfect for sipping on some Coronas. We took numerous laps around the lazy river as well.

Enjoy, I think you made a good choice...

planet earth
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pools at the MGM? Worth it???

The pools in any hotel are going to be crowded regardless specially in June and also 95 plus weather. We are not concerned about that we knew to expect that. I was concern about the shade and also there is nothing better than swimming on a lazy river surrounded by palm trees!!! ahhhh!!!!!