We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

We want to go to O or Mystere' on my birthday (and during our honeymoon), and then a more casual but funny (and good!) show another night.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

Hmmm typo moment...hypnotism of course is what I meant.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

We struggled with O vs Mystere as well. We are going in Sept. We started by reviewing the CDS website for samples of each and more information about the acts. Long story short, both are HIGHLY reviewed so we went with Mystere because the best tickets are about $50 less, so we figure - both are good, save $100 for the two of us and use it for something else.

Let us know what you choose.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

That is my thinking, too, plus it will automatically put us in another area of the strip that we can explore. BUT, we will be staying at the Bellagio, so I know we can get the best seats if we see "O."...hmmmmmmmmstill not sure...

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

We're staying at Bellagio too. The Concierge at Bellagio can book for Mystere (or any other show for that matter). Since they are all owned by the same folks I figure the hook up should be good there as well.

New York State
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

I saw both O and Mystere last week. Everyone in my party like O the best, but agreed that Mystere was very good.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

Can I asked what your party preferred about O over Mystere?

Thanks

East Coast - Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

Take advantage of the fact that you're a guest at Bellagio and go see "O". The concierge can get you the best seats in the house (and reserved for Bellagio guests only). These premium seats are $150 each but are WELL WORTH IT!!

I saw Mystere (which was $99) and it was also very good. Mystere is a fun show and the focus is on the performer, not the stage. Lots of athletic movement and funny clowns and great music.

But I loved "O" better as the stage and theatre is incredible. It's a little darker than Mystere and has less acrobatics but the music and everything about the show is incredible. In a word, the show is surreal. It's very hard to describe really. It's a very unique show and one that will never go on a tour, like other Cirque shows can.

A friend of mine has also seen both "O" and Mystere but has recently gone to see KA, the new show at MGM Grand. He said he liked it even better than "O". His ranking of Cirque shows (he's seen them all) is as follows:

1. KA, followed closely by

2. "O"

3. Mystere

4. Zumanity.

East Coast - Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

Just to add:

For a fun "Vegas" show, you can catch Jubilee at Bally's, which is across from the Bellagio. Prices are $60 per person. There are 2 performances each night. Your husband might like going to the later showing as the girls are topless (lol).

The costumes are all feathers and it's a kitschy show. Old-school Vegas.

My gal and I saw LaFemme at MGM Grand ($59 each) and it was good. A topless show featuring some original Crazy Horse dancers from Paris. Very unique show.

Comedy clubs abound in Vegas. Tropicana and NYNY have shows but I have not seen them. Rita Rudner is at NYNY for example.

There is a 2-1 ticket booth on the strip near the Harley-Davidson Cafe. You can check with them to see what deals they may have for comedy and magic shows. And no, you cannot get Cirque tickets there.

One last thing. Steve Wynn is opening his show called LeReve (in French it means - The Dream) at the Wynn hotel in September (not sure the exact date). Ticket prices are $121, irregardless of where you're sitting. It's apparently going to rival "O" as it's also water based and will display Cirque-like performers.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
New York State
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

The O production was so smooth and breathtaking. The water/stage allowed all the movements to be so graceful and beautiful. The special acts and effects were so amazing. As one of us put it, a very visually stimulating show! Awesome and not to be forgotten. Mystere had a lot more comedy and audience interaction in it which we really enjoyed but O was our favorite. We had front row seats for both and my youngest daughter became the "Babys" momma in Mystere, she was onstage and backstage several times. If you are front row at Mystere, and don't want to go onstage, don't throw the ball back to "Baby".

New York State
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Show recommendation: "O" or "Mystere'" and what is the best...

Oh yeah, they tell you not to wear silk or leather and they make you initial your tickets to acknowlegdge that you are aware that you are in the wet seats