We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

No idea what to do, where to go.... getting confused by pages and pages of website totrawl thru.

Would like to:

Get a good view from room (staying at Signature @ MGM Grand)

Go on a tour of Grand Canyon - which is best.

See a show or gig - am open to suggestions.

Go to a kicking club or bar - any ideas?

Have a superb meal for my birthday - like Chinese, Italian, Indian, Mexico, Steaks - just not seafood....

Hope to win a few bucks - am crossing my fingers for that one x

You TA members were all so helpful with my trip to NY earlier this year so pls pls help me out again - cheers

Sam

x

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

okay, lemme see....

Ask for a Strip View. I read where someone said you can upgrade to the upper floors for free (or cheap), not sure.

Musical Comedy broadway show MamaMia, although your tastes may vary. "kicking" is used by my godson of 25. Just trying to gauge my helpfulness here.

Spamalot is a riot to see.

Rita Rudner is very funny.

Many like Carrot Top. (Haven't seen him)

MGM has many good restaurants. (Though I don't remember Diegos,or any of the food there, so I'm just guessing it might not be that good)

But then Vegas has tons of good food!

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

are you travelling alone or with someone? How long will you be there? What have you scheduled so far?

At check-in, just ask if you can have the best possible view.

I have driven to Grand Canyon, but haven't even taken a tour from Vegas... not sure I would unless I was either there for a long time... or if I did the helicopter tour instead (faster).

MGM Grand has LOTS of good meal choices. Go to their website and look at dining link. It will give you a good idea. Other than that,

Show: Either a Cirque Show ( I recommend Ka at MGM or Love at Mirage) or a classic show like Jubilee at Bally's (topless partly), or a show like Blue Man Group.

Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

More info... hoping for a helicopter tour so if anyone has any recommendations re the Grand Canyon as there seem to be a few diff tours and a few diff companies...

Going over for 8 days with hubby. My birthday will be my 32nd....

So getting on a bit but very young at heart!

Have seen the following shows on Broadway to give you an idea of what I like:

Mamma Mia, Stomp, Rent, Hairspray...

Is it advisable to book an airport transfer in advance or can you pick them up easy enough at the airport without prior booking?

Thanks for your help x

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

So you are a week from flying to another country and you are now starting to make plans? You can pick up a cab at the airport very easy. Good Luck. Mystere at TI is a good show and you should be able to get tickets. Voodoo lunge on top of Rio is a great place and Mix on top of THEhotel has a great view also.

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

Voodoo lounge not lunge.

colorado
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

No one has commented on clubs yet so my advice would be-

PURE at Caesars on Tuesday night if you will be there on a Tuesday.. if not, FRI or SAT would be fine there... PURE is hands down my favorite club in Vegas- be prepared for some expensive drinks though!

Sunday I would recommend Body English at The Hard Rock or Light at the Bellagio.

Mondays JET at Mirage is the place to be.

Wednesdays are Tangerine at Treasure Island.

I would not recommend Studio 54 (LAME) at the MGM,Rain at the Palms, or RumJungle at Mandalay Bay.

If you want to go to a fun bar (not club), I would suggest the Dueling Piano Bar at NYNY- very lively and fun- especially with a group of people...

If you want to have a ridiculously awesome meal for your birthday, I would say Hugos Cellar- hands down.... for some reviews on it, check out the restuarants section of Trip Advisor- its rated #2 in Vegas. Mon Ami Gabi is another favorite (french Steakhouse in Paris), but Hugos is simply the best meal I have ever had.

Have fun!

Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

layla, thanks. Was looking at Body English so good to hear your recommendations... Will check out those clubs on vegas.com...

Vegasdragon - I am not only starting to look now- but there's sooo much to choose from I'm looking for tips from ppl that have been and know the area to narrow down my search. Thanks for your comments anyway.

Anyone else got any thoughts or recommendations???

Thanks again x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

Tours ......Papillon..sundance....look tours

Shows.........something you wont see in Ireland or London........CdS Mystere for your first

Clubs...... Pure

Bar.. carnival court or if you are into country music Toby Keiths bar and grill

Food........Steakhouse at Circus Circus

OR off strip

Rosemarys .best in Vegas

Hugos Cellar

Andres downtown .........romantic.

Tip get a limo from the airport and arrive in style......$60....Presidential.book online.

Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

OK - have booked the helicoter Grand Canyon tour with picnic so hope this works out...

thanks for the recommendations 1sttimer, CdS did catch my eye but not sure if hubby will like it???

Clubs look good too, just looking for a fab meal for my birthday,

Will check out the limo from the airport too, keep the recommendations coming guys thanks sooo much

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP! Going to Vegas in a week

sam, you can get answers to a lot of your questions by taking a bit of time and trawling through old posts on this forum. Every question that you're asking has been asked hundreds of times previously. I hope this doesn't sound rude but you'll probably find many more answers quicker this way than by waiting for replies.

Despite what you may think you are leaving it late to get some things in place. If you want that special restaurant then decide where and hopefully you'll get a table if you call them asap. Likewise with the more popular shows.