We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever done this?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone ever done this?

We are travelling with my sister in law to Vegas in June. We are booked at the Mirage from the 18th to the 21st. Our flight out is not until 11:20pm on the 21st, she reserved a room at Harrahs's (comp room) on the 21st so we can go and nap or freshen up before we leave, so the most we would be in the room is a couple of hours. She said she has done this before, just wanted everyone else's thoughts.

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

Sounds good to me since the room is comped.

Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

If it's free, why not? I do the same flight thing, only I forego the napping and hotel, and just leave my bags at the desk until night time so I have the rest of the day to wander around before my red eye flight. Squeeze every last minute out of Vegas!

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

Yep, I did it at the Stardust, also on a comp. It's the only humane way to deal with a red-eye flight home IMHO. One thing, though, is that you can't use video check-out as it won't let you check out until after 5am the next day at most places.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

We do it on every trip. Our flight back to Boston is usually around 11pm. We always book an extra night at the end of our stay (always free nights) for just the same reason.

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

I would see how much late check out is at the Mirage rather than waste time checking in to Harrah's. Other than that it is fine to do.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

There will be no problems at all. I do it often when I am taking the red eye home. It is really convenient.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

I think it is a great idea. If I have to I check bags so I can run around, but I fly allegiant, and annoyingly have to leave Vegas at something terrible like 2pm. But, if I had to wait till 11pm to leave, I would love to have a room just in case. I might not nap, but I would like to not be rushed packing in the a.m and I would like to run up there and freshen up or whatever in between various things. Good plan.

Erie PA
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

We have done this in the past as well. It works great. Especially when the comped room comes with some free play!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

Yes i have done this. If you don't check out by noon, they just check you out automatically. That's the beauty of a comped room.

alberta
Level Contributor
772 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone ever done this?

Yes we do it every time because we fly out at midnight so we can go all day and come back to room to freshen up and pack things up before airport, just did it yesterday lol