We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

I am reading more and more reviews on various websites about bedbugs infiltrating Las Vegas hotels and now it is reaching epidemic proportions in the US. What the hell? They say it's because we have banned DDT so international travelers are picking them up and bringing them back...Well, I say bring back DDT! We all lived with through it when our parents and grand parents used it to rid us of these critters and the thought of sleeping in a bed with bedbugs is just so disgusting...

The environment has bgger problems that DDT IMO.

Any thoughts?

Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

Hmmm....

I read somewhere that the average person swallows so many spiders a year in their sleep. What's a few more bugs?

Seriously, yeah, I'm all for the DDT myself. Bugs in my bed do nothing for sweet dreams. More like creepy crawly nightmares.

Las Vegas is sort...
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

I've read that spider thing, too. That grosses me out more than bedbugs. At least you can find them while you're awake before getting into bed.

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

I like the spiders because they eat the bed bugs.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

all nonsense.... people just trying to scare us away from Vegas... NOT gunna happen people...I'm goin', bed bugs, spiders, and ALL!!!

Spiders would drown in the oceans of drool I leave on my pillow!

Wanna meet me now? Lmaooo

and bed bugs? If you get enough and fry 'em up just right....they taste like chicken....

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

bedbugs I can handle, its the "hooker germs" that have me scared. LOL

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

"Hooker Germs" Good one! LMAO!!

CA
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

I am usually so drunk by the time my head hits the pillow my blood would kill the bed bugs anyway.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
589 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

Why did i open this while I am eating a salad? lol

The only bedbug issue I have read about Vegas was at the one guy that posted photos of his bites here at TA from his stay at theLuxor. Then again, the only Vegas forum I read regularly anymore, is this one. Where are you seeing this tom? It makes me ill to think that they are becomming a regular issue for travelers and I haven't read anythign about it. The spider thing doesn't gross me out as much as thinking about bedbugs--ick.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

LMAO VegasDragon!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bedbugs? What the hell is going on?

Cali-use the search tool on the top-left of the screen and type in bed bugs and you will see a plethera of review dating from 2006-07

Also, accessvegas.com has some stuff and of course google (just type: bed bugs Las Vegas and you will see...Yuk!