We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The BEST way to book a hotel

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The BEST way to book a hotel

If you are looking for the best way to book a hotel in Vegas....go to Travelaxe.com.

Anthony Curtis' Las Vegas Advisor has backed this company as being the best for cheapest rates and comparisons.

Just wanted to let you know. That's my job ma'am.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The BEST way to book a hotel

yes, he's been promoting it on LVA for years and most of us members have tried it for comparisons. it is one more tool - and sometimes other discounters show the ssme prices. I would use it like all other tools - get prices and then call hotel directly and inquire about a price match, if they do price match I would book directly with the hotel.

for me the best way is through a host.

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The BEST way to book a hotel

I'e always thought the conventional wisdom for Vegas was to book direct with the hotel and then monitor rates and have your rate adjusted if they fall. Can you do that with travelaxe?

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The BEST way to book a hotel

the travel sites are a good tool for starting your hotel search and comparing prices even if you plan to book direct. several hotels also have a low price guarantee, so they will match any rate you find elsewhere.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The BEST way to book a hotel

Book direct with the hotel as early as possible and then monitor rates and have your rate adjusted if they fall. I booked MGM back in January for this coming September for a week. I've got four rooms booked and started with $139 rate at MGM and currently have the rooms at $59 a night.

5. Re: The BEST way to book a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:20