We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Comstock Park...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Report to follow -

Comstock Park...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Day 11 – Friday

Our last day in Vegas. We didn’t fly out until 11:30 p.m., so we kept our room for an extra night so we would have a place to hang out. We decided to use the “free” tickets to the Mac King show from Harrah’s we received when we signed up for our player’s cards. There was a one drink minimum charge ($11 each), but the show was great fun and worth the price of the drink.

We gave the usher $5 with our tickets and were seated right next to the steps onto the stage, about 10 feet from the stage. Mac King’s show was very funny and had some great magic in it. The show is entertaining and kid friendly. He does a meet and greet after the show in the lobby, which I thought was a great touch.

More walking and photographing the strip, then back to the hotel to pack. As we were in the parking lot of the hotel, we saw a car drive by on the street. It braked quickly when the driver spotted us and came right up to us in the parking lot. Silly us, we thought he was going to ask for directions! Actually, he had some “bling” of his own, more than likely stolen, and he wanted to give my husband a really good deal on the jewelry! Too funny! We had a great laugh over that one.

Finding the rental car center was slightly confusing, but nothing we couldn’t handle. You literally drop it off, unload and walk away. It was that quick. Our flight home left right on time. The view of the strip at night while flying away was worth the price of the trip! Awesome!

A few parting thoughts:

Thank you for all your tips and suggestions on this forum. I learned so much from everyone’s posts.

Drink lots of water, all day, all the time. Don’t worry about needing a bathroom. I have never drank so much in my life and peed so little (can I say that? LOL). I don’t know where it all went, but remember what they say, “It’s a dry heat!”

Wear comfortable shoes! Print up a copy of the Las Vegas Walking Map mentioned so often in these forums. It was an invaluable tool for us and we found it to be very accurate.

Remember to tip your housekeeper! We tipped $3 to $5 per day.

Rachael Ray is not the only person who can eat on $40-a-day! You can do Vegas on a budget and still have a good time. There is so much in Vegas to see and do that is free.

We enjoyed our stay, but will probably never go back. Our trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona confirmed that we are more nature lovers than man-made wonder lovers. I didn’t catch the Las Vegas bug like I thought I would. That was a surprise, but in the end it was a most excellent adventure for us and one we’ll never forget!

If you have any questions, pop me an e-mail. Heaven knows I owe you all for all the information you’ve provided me.

Mentioned in this post
Las Vegas Walking Tours
Las Vegas Walking Tours
424 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Well, even though you may not be hooked like the rest of us, I truly enjoyed reading your TR and thanks for taking the time to share it with us! You certainly did a lot for one trip, and I'm glad you had fun!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

You may not be hooked like the rest of us, but it does appear that you have enjoyed your trip. I always tell people you don't have to gamble to have a great time in Vegas since there are so many activites and natural beauty in the area....thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Mentioned in this post
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Well, that was one hell of a trip report. I know how much time it takes to write a long one...and i personally enjoyed every minute of the reading.

I also enjoy all the sightseeing Vegas has to offer without spending alot of money.

So glad you had a good time. You came, you conquered. Now you can visit other places on your vacations. Everyone doesn't have to catch the "bug" to have enjoyed vegas for what it is.

Thanks for the enjoyable reading.

Mentioned in this post
Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

Joan, thanks for writing such a detailed and wonderful trip report!

I enjoyed reading all of the things you two did! Even though you may not go back, it sounds like you had a great time. I think everyone should see Vegas at least once, it's truly a place like no other.

Thanks again!!

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: TR - May 8 - 18 J&J's Excellent Adventure Part 7 (the end)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 02:18