We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Abreviated TR

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greensburg, PA
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
An Abreviated TR

Not really good at the trip reports but had a few things to say about our recent trip. Six days, five nights at the Flamingo in a go room. It was very nice, not a very large room but had a really nice plasma TV in the bedroom and a small TV in the mirror in the bathroom. First time I had seen anything like that. Bathroom was very roomy and had a separate shower stall.

Wanted to thank all the TA people responsible for the Meet N' Greet on Tuesday night at Bally's, especially TopekaDucky and Muffalina. Didn't get to stay long, husband was tired from a long day, but it was nice putting faces to the many people on the site whose advice helped with planning our trip.

This was our third trip and finally went to Ellis Island. I have to say I wasn't expecting much, but it was a very good meal for an extremely reasonable price. Husband had the steak special, I had the shrimp scampi and we both enjoyed our meals.

On the other end of the spectrum, Wednesday night we had dinner at the VooDoo Lounge. I have to say, it was a very nice evening, even though it is pretty pricey. We had dinner and then went to the upstairs lounge and had drinks until it got dark and got some of the best pictures of the trip. Unfortunately, as the bartender told us, a lot of the new construction is changing the view completely. For example, the new tower behind the Frontier blocks the view of the Stratosphere.

Oh well, I guess that's progress.

Rented a car for the week from Alamo to take some side trips. Went to Laughlan (much more sedate than Vegas) and then to Lake Havasu to see the London Bridge. It was a nice trip, the drive was a little boring but it got us away from the strip for several hours.

Also drove to Mt. Charleston which was very nice and about 30 degrees cooler.

Didn't do very well on the slots or a video poker, finally started to play Let It Ride on Wednesday. Played at O'Shea's ($5 tables) and hit a full house and a flush which recuped some of the money I

lost playing slots. Then moved on to Imperial Palace ($5 tables) in the evening and hit four of a kind which added up to about $1200 after all the bonuses so I was able to come home with some money. I was never able to find $5 tables at the Flamingo, even in

the day, and I'm just a small time gambler, can't play the $10 and up tables, especially if I'm losing.

Had a really great trip, and once again want to thank everyone for

their advice. It was a tremendous help in planning our trip.

houston tx
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Abreviated TR

Thanks for the post. Glad you won a little.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,897 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An Abreviated TR

Good TR thanks for sharing.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An Abreviated TR

Fluffy - glad you had a great trip! I am so glad you came to the meet and greet, it was so nice to meet you.

We never did make it to Ellis Island...we'll have to do it next time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An Abreviated TR

Nice TR. I love the $5 tables too.

5. Re: An Abreviated TR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:19