We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Trip Report- Day 1

Flew Southwest from Albany to LAS. Boarded A- got 2 seats together and no one in between us . It was nice to have a little extra room. Great flight although the crew was a little cranky. We arrived ½ Hr. early- 11:30am.

We went to the baggage carousel and tried to find our luggage...they had 4 SW carousels with about 6 flights listed on each but not ours....after about 45 minutes of walking around to each one looking for our luggage I finally spotted it on a carousel . Our flight number was never listed on any of the carousels.

Proceeded to shuttle to car rental center, walked right on the shuttle and it left a minute later. It was less than a 5 minute ride to the center. Went to the Avis desk and stood in line for maybe 5 minutes or so. I had reserved a sub compact over the internet for a really good price last month. They didn't have any subcompacts left so they upgraded us to a Mustang GT for the same price!! Awesome car! It has some pick up! My husband says it corners like it’s on rails ( whatever that means). I just like the way it drives.

Drove to The strip to Bills to check in at Bill’s Gambling Hall. When we were checking in I asked if they had any upgrades and they so , no not tonight ( it was Friday) so my husband said I realize it's the weekend and you are busy but if something becomes available on Sunday would you consider upgrading us then. He told them how it was our 1 year anniversary and we had gotten married in Las Vegas last year and blah, blah, blah....so the girl said hang on let me check something. It turns our the did have a room to upgrade us to. It is a beautiful, huge suite. Living room, king bed, dining area, wet bar w/fridge and freezer, 2 baths, a giant Jacuzzi tub, a stand up 2 headed shower , 3 plasma screen TV’s and 6 phones!! Really, Really nice!!

The room wasn’t ready so we headed out to the Whole Foods market because I need to pick up a few things. I have food allergy issues ( wheat/gluten) and I needed to pick up a few things for breakfast for the week. When we returned we were able to check in. It took about 5 minutes, no line at all.

Came back to the hotel, rested a while, got ready and went to The MGM Grand Garden Arena to see The Police in concert. What an awesome show. They played every hit song and then some.

I waited almost 25 years to see them and it was well worth it.

Finished with the show about 11ish and we are super hungry so we had a late dinner at PF Changs at Planet Hollywood , walked back to Bills and fell into bed. Comfy bed. I slept like a baby. It was about 5am ( NY time) and we had been up for almost 24 hours. I was exhausted. It was a really long but fun day.

Tomorrow- Valley of Fire, Pampas and Roger Waters in concert.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Nice start. Glad to see you were happy with Bill's. I was afraid it would change from when it was Barbary Coast. Looking forward to the next part- I love VOF and I definitely want to know about Pampas.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

More, more -do you have pics of the suite - great score!

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

So far so good - just made reservations for Bill's for Oct 18-22 - husband will be home from Iraq!! Can hardly wait!

Moore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
865 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Great trip report!! Happy anniversary!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Thanks all.

Yes, I have pictures. I will post a link to the photos as soon as I can figure out how to do that!.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Wow.....upgrade on the car & the room....fantastic start! AND...the Police concert!! I would have loved to seen that. How did they sound? I saw a quick blurb on the TV sometime last week that said they were having some issues remembering lyrics, etc. during this tour. How fun!! Now I'm going to have Police songs stuck in my head ...."Every breath you take......" LOL =)

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

We were so happy about both upgrades. We felt really lucky...let's hope the luck holds out.

The Police were great. I thought Sting sounded better than ever. He hit almost all the high notes with one ot two exceptions once during during Roxanne and onceon another song.

Sting did drop a few words lines here and there but so many people were singing along that it didn't even matter. The many years since they've played together has let them all mature into even more talented musicians.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Wow, NICE score on the upgrade for the room. First I've heard of a fridge WITH a freezer!

And the Police???/ Had I payed attention before I booked I would have tried to get tickets for them and lengthened my trip!!!!

Nice report so far.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

Whole Foods in Vegas....I love that store. I did not know they had one. That will become a destination for me when i go in January. Sounds like you have a good attitude on the gluten allergy. Can't wait to see your pictures....thanks for the good read so far.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: TR- Bills Gambling Hall- Day 1

The freezer is cool! It's actually a whole seperate unit from the fridge!

Whole Foods was a great store. It was the first time I had been in one and I was in gluten free heaven!! Believe me, it's a real pain in the neck to travel with Celiac Disease but with a ton of research and a little extra packing and planning it can be done. I try not to dwell on it.

I'm just sad I can never have the fried twinkie from downtown. :0(