We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
353 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

Pick One:

Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

My husband and i are going to be in Las Vegas In sept and we want to do a self drive tour to see hoover dam and either Valley of Fire or Red Rock Canyon in the one day.

My question is which one is more spectactular, scenery and drive wise Valley of Fire or Red Rock Canyon?

Help us chose please vote which one you think and why.

Thanks so much

Chuckenpen

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

VoF, even though it's a little bit farther. RR is just OK.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

It's not even a contest. RRC has pleasant enough scenery but VoF is truly spectacular.

VoF by a country mile.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

I have been to both and I also vote for Valley of Fire, much more to see and worth the drive.

Wash DC
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

You can do all three in 1 day without rushing.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

Definitely VOF. RRC is very nice if you have limited time and just want to drive to see scenery. VOF is knock-your-socks-off spectacular. The sandstone formations are fantastic and you will feel like you are on another planet. You can drive from formation to formation but to truly enjoy it you should hike some of the trails. Some are short. Just be sure to bring plenty of water and wear the proper shoes(no sandals). You can bring food and eat in their picnic area. It is truly worth the visit. If you go to RRC after VOF you will be disappointed.

http://parks.nv.gov/vf.htm

http://www.desertusa.com/nvval/

Mass
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

Definitely VOF. That place is truly amazing. If you haven't been already, you can also go to Hoover Dam in the same trip. They are right next to each other :-) What's even more spectacular is driving through VOF in a convertible :-)))

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
759 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

holrk is right about the convertible- it really made out trip. We actually did Valley of Fire and Zion in one day, but doesn't leave much time for hiking and exporing. I was glad I did at least see both in case I never have a chance to go back.

8. Re: A Showdown: Valley of Fire V's Red Rock Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 18:19