We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Erie Michigan
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

First off....there was more to part 4 posted as a reply in case you missed it.

At the end of the reply there we were catching a cab downtown. We get the cabby who doesn't speak any english we could tell except for repeating your destination back to you. He gets us there lickity split though.

We step onto the strip to see cops with their hands on their holsters chasing some kids that just jumped out of a car they were pulling over....ahhh...the excitement of vegas.

Step out under the light show and let the people watching begin. Some of the usual stuff, the guy in the wheelchair dressed as uncle sam, couple bad elvis impersonators, a guy with a pompador hair piece....ok, just gotta go into this a little bit...it wasn't a joke, this guy bought a rug that was a pompodour (sp?) and it was the wrong color. Seriously...if your going to buy fake hair....why? I have hit things that looked almost exacly like his rug. To make matters worse he should have shot it again as I thought I saw it move (actually it just didn't fit well, he scratched the side of his head and it moved around a bit).

First stop binions. Slipped in a 20 and played on it a loooonnnggg time. Finally I nailed something...only $120 but I was cool with that. Hit the cash out button and reach for the ticket.....uhoh....no ticket dispenser....cling clang clang cling.....next thing I know I'm trying to empty quarters into a bucket and sticking some in my pockets. I can't find a cashier so decide to play some more lovely quarter machines on the other side. Then it hits me......rent is up on the draft beer that filled the football i got just a little bit before...i gotta go to the bathroom.

I finally find the bathroom and smell something awful. I step in and a hand grabs me..

"you don't want to go in there" and as he says it I see it...a line of vomit that had to have come from someone possessed by satan. I run, not walk from that bathroom and eventually find one downstairs. Now I don't know what happened in that first bathroom...all I know is when matt tried to use it an hour later it was STILL closed for cleaning. Bad things man...bad things.

We head out and over to the 4 queens then fremont where I get me a lovely silverstrike for 1 dollar spent. Fremont is clearing out, and the last show is about to start so we walk out just in time.

The beat starts up and that's when I see it....there was this guy earlier that we saw picking butts out of the ashtrays along the garbage cans and putting them in his pocket. Well he was now the conductor for the music for the lightshow. He waved his hands, closed his eyes, twirled, bounced and sang along with what words there were. Upon finishing his show he walked over to a can that was laying on it's side next to the garbage can, shook it to find something was in it still and took a drink. He then began throwing up in the garbage can. WOW....

We also had the same bum hit us up for change 3 times...the 3rd time asking us...did I ask you guys for .31 cents already? Upon telling him yes he asked us again. WOW.....

Time for late night eats. Headed back to harrahs and decided there had to be some great dining over at imperial palace. We were right. The Tea room baby, where on the meny you would not believe how many types of tea they offered. The had not 1..not 10...not even 50....they had none....no tea. I even asked for green tea and the lady told me they were out.

Fortunately the food was good. The english there however was a bit broken. I asked the gentlemen that sat us if, since ip was owned by harrahs, i could bill it to my room. He politely replied "you get it to room in box"...I tried again.."NO, i would like to have it BILLED TO my room". He emphatically stated "IN BOX...YOU bring to room in BOX!!!".... I took that as a no.

Then i get my crackers with a side of soup. Not a typo....I had this burger basket full of crackers....seriously....I thought maybe i was supposed to hand them out to the other guests or something. I had a huge basket of crackers and a little cup o' soup. It was good I think. All of it was good i'm pretty sure. Ordered alot of food. Don't remember what, all i know was my entree was chicken and ribs which I was too full to eat.

It got billed to my room in box.

Headed back up to go to be.....ok, not so much. We were going to but instead grabbed a beer from the fridge and decided IP was just what the doctor ordered for that night......so back down we went....

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

Man....I gotta staying up late when I go to Vegas. I never see this kind of crazy people watching action! Loving this TR.....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

I'm still stuck on the chick at the hard rock falling over drunk with her boobs hangin out. Priceless.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

You bring to room in BOX....Lmaooooooooooo

and the bathroom? Classic Jim Carey... do NOT go in THERE!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
683 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

I guess it IS true that the freaks all come out at night! I kinda want to know what was in that can that the guy drank!?!?! But I know if I knew, I'd probably wish I'd never found out!

Looks like your buddy is having a classic of a first trip to Vegas!! Exposure to it all!!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

okay, hopefully this bumps it in front of Chumpywumpy's posts Noon Attack! lol

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

We've been pearl harbored!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

"I have hit things that looked almost exacly like his rug. " ROFLMAO...you've saved my life with this post.........

Near Chicago
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

Damonkeyboy wrote: "a line of vomit that had to have come from someone possessed by satan."

Great imagery!! I agree with Lowrance, TOTAL Jim Carrey stuff! Great imagery throughout.

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

OMG Damonkey- Dont ya just love Downtown!!!!! This TR is miles away from your others!!! And I love it!!!!!

Shona ;-)

Erie Michigan
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR 16 - 19th part 5...ode to the odor...fremont street

Acity...actually we saw him spit a cigarette butt out of the can before puking if you can believe that....does that count as irony?? LOL