We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Criss Angel....

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
Criss Angel....

Well, hopefully a local or someone who makes frequent visits to Las Vegas can help me with this. I am a huge Criss Angel fan. I've seen every episode of "Mindfreak" that has ever aired on A&E. I understand that he is now based out of the Luxor and will soon be spearheading a new CdS show. However from what I have been able to find that show will not be running until sometime in 2008. Anyways, what I am getting at is, does he perform daily/weekly shows at the Luxor that can be seen by the public? I know most of his stuff is street magic and is done randomly on and around the strip, but the majority of that is done while he is filming. I would love to get a chance to see him in person. Any help or insight on this would be appreciated! THANKS!!!!

kc
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Criss Angel....

He is not performing yet, as far as I know. They are setting up the theater which he will perform in and he's working out the kinks of doing the show. Luxor is going through a mini-transformation, it's being basically refocused into a more adult oriented hotel and Criss Angel is part of that. I don't personally like him but it seems like Luxor is planning on making a huge deal out of the opening of his show so they are probably taking plenty of time to plan. Their biggest star, so far, is Carrot Top! So, even though Criss Angel creeps me out, he's a big step up...

Thermopolis, Wyoming
Level Contributor
455 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Criss Angel....

Carerra -

I stayed at the Luxor a few weeks ago, and believe me, I had my eyes peeled for that delicious Angel! Unfortunately, it was right around the time he'd finished up the NY stunt, so apparently was not around. At this time you'll find his production offices at the Luxor and a store that carries his merchandise (I highly recommend the tasteful black & white poster of Criss in the nude *wink*).

You might stop by his production office and check to see if they can give you any information on what he might be doing locally while you're there.

Good luck!

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Criss Angel....

Good Lord wyo...!

Aren't there enough cowboys out there for ya?

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Criss Angel....

SWEET GEEZUS!!! A tasteful b&w nude?!!! I am SO there.....

Shona;-)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Criss Angel....

Agree about Luxor needing a dramatic injection of excitement in its show schedule. Not being a Carrot Top fan I havn't had any desire to be entertained there since Blue Man Group were spirited away from the pyramid.

The thing that bothers me most about this is the involvement of CdS. As much as I like the majority of their Vegas shows, I can't help thinking that (rightly or wrongly) the hotels are desperate to have the CdS name attached to their property as they feel that the show is certain to be a huge money spinning success as a result. Are we going to get to the time where you'll be naming the Strip hotels that don't have a CdS show?

I just wish hotels would show a little more originality and willingness to take risks. Surely Criss Angel is capable of success in LV without attaching himself to the CdS cash cow?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Criss Angel....

If you drop by the production office, they'll have posted when/where he'll be doing an appearance. The office has glass walls, so you can see him & others walking around inside.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Criss Angel....

That's the thing about women on this forum, they want us for our bodies and not our brains. I'm so sick of it!!!(...)

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Criss Angel....

I wonder if the B&W nude shows his junk?? LOL

Boy, I dont think I could take that......

S;-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Criss Angel....

I'm not a girl. The reason I'm a Criss Angel fan is becauase I am a believer of the impossible, and the unknown. There is no one else around that does what he does. Makes Lance Burton and some of those kids look like child's play. I just hope to catch some of what he does first hand, rather than on television.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Criss Angel....

wyo miss: I will be beating a path to the office door to get one of those posters...nobody better get in my way....( I am going to remove the "sweet" from my name from this point on )