We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas Marathon

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
49 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas Marathon

Anyone running this on Dec 2? How is the course, is it difficult?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
916 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas Marathon

I run half-marathons, but I haven't run a full one yet. A friend of mine ran it two years ago and said it was a nice, fairly flat course. Where are you going to "reward yourself" with dinner after you're finished? I run 5-7 miles a day and I always think about food!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas Marathon

Cooper's husband runs this regularly.Maybe she will see this and get him to reply.If not pm her and I am sure she will make hubby reply.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas Marathon

bump

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas Marathon

I got your PM Firstimer, I will get Mike on here now to reply.

Mike here:

Hi,

The course is very flat, you will probably get one of your best times there, if you have run a 1/2 or full marathon before. I was there at 4:30am last year and I think the start is at 6:00am. There was about 16000 runners last year, probably more this year. It was pretty cool in the morning, but of course it gets hotter as you run and the sun comes up.

Hopefully this helps a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas Marathon

bump for dfga

6. Re: Vegas Marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 01:17