We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, New York
Level Contributor
357 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

Do I grab any shuttle bus to get to the Rental Car area? I renting from Dollar.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

There is now only one shuttle bus that will take you to the rental facility. All the companies use the same shuttle bus. You will not find Dollar shuttles, Thrifty shuttles, etc. They are gone.

Marilla, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

If you go out door 10 or 11 at the airport, you will see the shuttle buses. Just hop on and they will take you directly to the facility. Hop off, and when you get inside you'll see all the rental car agencies. When we went in May we thought it would just be a big confusing mess but it's really easy! Good luck!

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
156 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

QUOTE: "There is now only one shuttle bus that will take you to the rental facility. All the companies use the same shuttle bus. You will not find Dollar shuttles, Thrifty shuttles, etc. They are gone."

Wow, this is new since we were there in March. They still had the Thrifty, Dollar, Hertz, etc. individual shuttles then. I think this is too bad, because now you will have to sit on the shuttle while it drops people off at various rental car places, instead of getting on one that goes straight to the one you rented from. I'll be there in 2 weeks, but not renting a car this time ~ now I'm glad I decided not to!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

ranchgal, I invariably drive to LV and havn't rented there for a long time, but I thought that the new facility had all the rental companies together and the bus would just drop you off there. I presumed that there were no longer "different rental places", just one location.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

It drops everybody off at the same place, the main entrance to the rentl center.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

There are no individual rental agency locations. They are all in one place.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

Ranchgal, let me try to clear up some confusion. The airport built a new centralized car rental pick up facility where virtually all companies are located. It's a slightly longer bus ride to this facility when compared to the old locations, but you tend to wait a shorter time to catch the bus. You will experience a slightly longer walk once you reach the rental facility, but it's no big deal. Many people are upset about his change as they don't understand the need for the change. Also, some people simply like to whine. The airport's old rental car properties will eventually be used to add a runway. Plus, this change has allowed the airport to eliminate the rental desks at the airport, freeing room for more luggage pick up space. The change also eliminates substantial traffic around the airport terminal.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

I rented from Alamo in Vegas last week and found that the new car rental facility is very convenient. The facility is very nice. Just hop on a bus and get there. No more confusion of looking for your car company's bus to get on.

It is a change for the better.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

ditto hungt23....we found it less congested, and the service provided by the shuttle operators was excellent. Even though it is a little farther from the airport, the consolidation of all rental agencies in one area seems more efficient to me. It may depend on the time of day, but we arrived and departed early afternoon and were not delayed at the airport (getting on the shuttle bus) or at the car terminal when we dropped off the car.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Car Shuttle Bus ...how does it work?

don't forget the part where you stand in a very long line to get on the rental car shuttle. luckily it was pretty well organized on my last visit, with attendants making things run smoothly. it's very much like the taxi line, so be prepared.