We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Lag

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,068 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Lag

It takes me about three or four days to get over the 10 hour flight from the UK.When we arrive it's 2pm LV time but 10pm UK time.Any suggestions on how to keep myself alert?

DC/MD
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Lag

Try to get all the rest you can on the flight to Vegas, Once you arrive in Vegas you can get yourself a cup of coffee.

cologne germany
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Lag

I have never had any problems on the way TO the Westcoast ,

we usually arrive in the evening , gambling to 2 - 3 a.m. Western Time , get up a little early , maybe around 6 - or 7 a.m. , and everything is allright the next day .

We have really big problems on the way back home .

No full sleep for a week , arrival at noon Europeen time , this is really hard , i have the Vegas Jetlag for a whole week ;-)

No Problem , when travelling back from the Eastcoast , I think its a Vegas thing - No sleep - Drinking - Gambling - running around the whole day .

T-5

peter

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Lag

I hate jet lag. No matter what I do we are still the first in line for breakfast at the start of our holidays on the West Coast and longing to go to bed at about 7pm. Someone must be able to come up with a sensible way to beat this. In all truth it is quite debilitating when you want to be out having fun.

The only thing that helped this year was a couple of cans of Red Bull to keep you going. It gets a bit sickly after a few but it might help you too.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,068 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Lag

Same as you,out of bed, showered,hair washed and dried and it's only 5am.My husband is usually still sleeping and I have to sit there really quietly,painting my nails.And then he moans when it's 8 o'clock at night and I'm falling asleepl.

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Lag

When I come to LV from the East Coast I just stay on my same time schedule. LV is three hours ahead of me and it takes between 4 and 1/2 hours to 7 and 1/2 hours (depending on stops and connections) to get to Las Vegas. But just about everything in vegas is open 24 hours, so you can have whatever schedule you want.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Lag

Las Vegas is the one city where Jet Lag really shouldn't be a concern. Everything is open 24 hours, so just do what feels right at the time. If you want to sleep until 3:00 in the afternoon and want a traditional breakfast. The coffee shop in your hotel should still have eggs and bacon on the menu. Want a steak at 6:00 a.m. NO problem. You're in time for the Graveyard special steak and eggs for $3.99 at many coffee shops. Want a night cap at 7:00 a.m., good for you, the bar is still open. Only thing you won't be able to do is get a tan at midnight. Some thing have to be done in the daytime hours.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,068 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Lag

VegasMan

I understand what you're saying but I don't want to stay in bed all day.I have one holiday a year and want to make the most of it.

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Lag

We really wished we had slept on the plane on he way over - if we would have done this i think it would have been much better. Just try and stay up later in the UK a few days before you leave so your body is half there and its not such a dramatic adjustment. We were only there 4 days and it all seemed a bit of a blur cos we were so tired all the time.