We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Here's my dilemma -- I found a cake at Freed's Bakery in Vegas and they want 220 for it... including delivery to our hotel room (staying at B)... but I contacted the concierge at B and she said that she could have the pastry shop at bellagio replicate the cake I want from Freed's but it's going to cost me 280 + taxes.... So, my question is... I don't want to upset the Bellagio by bringing in a cake from an outside vendor (it's just going to our room and then we'll invite our friends over to enjoy it with us).... should I just order it from Bellagio??

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

My friend is doing the same thing when she gets married at Paris later this month. With the outside vendor rules we are having to eat the cake and toast the couple in their suite at the Paris. It's your wedding, don't worry about offending Bellagio.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

yeah, it'd save me about 80 bucks to order it from Freed's... thanks

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Did they say you couldn't bring it in from Freed's?

If not then it was an offer as an alternative to make it easier for you and make more money for the hotel.

Usually the concierge is there to help get you what you want. If you want Freed's I can't think of a reason that you shouldn't have it.Don't be shy about telling the concierge your preferences. It's your day!

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

nah. they didn't say that we couldn't have it delivered to the room from freed's...

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Do it your way!! We have attended many a beautiful, reception in a suite with Freed's and bubbly.

vegas
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

i would call the hotel one more time and tell them you would be happy to get the cake from them IF they match freeds price if not tell them you will just have it delivered from freeds for 80 bucks less

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

think they would price match that??

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Don't worry about upsetting the Bellagio. They will get over it. Freeds make delicious cakes.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

Hasve your cake and eat it too. If they won't let you have it delivered then Freed's can still drive to Bellagio (if only in your car) and help you carry it upstairs in the elevator. They may have to discard the Freed's identity somehow, like not wear the uniform....but you'd be willing to accomodate Freed's in other ways, right? ;)

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ordering a wedding cake from an outside vendor to hotel

When I contacted Freed's they said they could deliver to the Bellagio. Also, I just noticed that the quote from Bellagio for the same cake is 270 without the topper and I am pretty sure that's not includin 7.75 percent tax and 18 percent "in room dining" charge...