We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best UK flight prices

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best UK flight prices

I'm looking at booking for May '08 and it seems quite expensive (approx 600 gbp). Is this normal? Did anyone go May this year and can give me rough guide as to how much they paid. Most likely to fly out of mancheter.

Many Thanks

Adlufc

York, England
Level Contributor
383 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best UK flight prices

We went in may this year, We booked our flights in September I think, We came accross a great deal from BMI, (Would have gone with them anyway as they fly direct from MAN to Vegas). If i remember rightly, We payed about 400 GBP including taxxes etc. Sign up for their email promos and keep an eye on the prices.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best UK flight prices

Hi

Far too early for deals. Wait until the sales in Jan. Or if you are brave enough wait until late spring and you will most likely get a deal of around £295 LON - LAS through airlinenetwork.

Clive

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best UK flight prices

adlufc

We haver just paid £497.50 to fly Gatiwck to Las Vegas direct in September. This was a special offer they were doing. The standard price was £643.

I would definately pay more & fly direct but just keep checking the websites for Virgin and BMI and wait for the specials. They do them all the time.

I flew with virgin 2 years ago and paid £580 for the flight then. About 2 months before we went they were selling the same flights for £100 less.

Clare

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best UK flight prices

We have just booked for Sept through Expedia and got 5 nts at the MGM AND flights for £550 ! we have to change at Philly and Chicago but this is better for us - we actually prefer the shorter flights with time in between for a couple of drinks !

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best UK flight prices

Holy cow! You are getting ripped off. There is a very simple solution to this problem. Fly direct to LA and drive to Vegas. The (relatively) short road trip just adds to the fun of the the holiday and you will save at least £100 per person on the flights. A group of 4 of us are going in October, paying £350 per person for flights and £90 for a hire car for the whole week.

ellesmere port
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best UK flight prices

best place by far is expedia, if your not bothered when to go you can get some great deals, best ever found was 10 nights including hotel (cheap hotel off strip) flying bmi direct £460 it would be cheaper to get that and then get a better hotel your still saving money on flight.

just booked this august £728 each bmi direct 11nights staying at the monte carlo can not beat it

expedia are the best i have tried all of them this site is the best to use, just stick dates in see what comes up prices vary so much throughout year

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best UK flight prices

Fly to LA and FLY to vegas .$54 one way and its only a 1 hr flight,

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best UK flight prices

Wowzers some of these fares you guys have paid seem really expensive.....

I am looking at £378 for September this year which I think is expensive.......

This thread has got soooooooo much information, it might take you all day to read it though!

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html…

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best UK flight prices

The 'high' season for travel between the US is between mid to late April til mid-Oct. Prices this year will be higher due to the fuel surcharges that keep getting added on plus the higher fee charged for departures from the UK, just blame the UK govt on the latter.......fuel surcharges, hmmphhh!

Leicester
Level Contributor
97 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best UK flight prices

Been looking for flights,

best price found was with statrave as under 26 got flights direct with virgin for £430 incl taxes