We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OK
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

I would like them to see at least one live show while we are there. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Lance Burton magic @ MC, or The Tournament of Kings @ Excalibur would be good choices.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Mac King, Ron Lucas or Rick Thomas would be other good choices.

A R
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Blue Man Group, when I saw the show there were many kids all ages, and young teenagers and they were having lots of fun. Also they can take pictures with the BMG guys at the end of the show.

Any Soleil Show would be great too, they are very creative and different.

Good Luck and gave lots of fun, and I don't think your children will be bored, there are too many things to see and do in LV.

Arlington TX
Level Contributor
981 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

I would not bring 12-14 year olds to Las Vegas. It might have been OK ten years ago, but it is more adult oriented now. Having said that, Lance Burton/Magic is very wholesome & "kid-oriented."

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

King tut exhibit at the Venetian.... I know it is not a show, but a great time killing option!

I also suggest you bring an X-box or gameboy or something. :)

Vegas is hard for kids that age unless you plan the whole trip on doing "not-what-Vegas-is-known-for-type" things.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Ooops, I typed and sent before I thought.... (not unusual!)

I should have said Egyptian Exhibit! Not King Tut....

toronto
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

i remember seeing mystere when i was around 12yrs old and i really enjoyed it.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

Our kids loved the Blue Man Group!

south australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

We took our 14 year old son to see the tournament of king show at the excalibur......he loved it and so did we. They really get the audience involved and the kids can jump up and cheer for their knight so they're not just sat watching a show. I reckon it a great show for kids.

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Vegas shows to take 12-14 year olds to?

I know they would love the Blue Man Group...my daughter has seen it 3 times.

I disagree with a previous post saying not to take kids to Vegas...and then I also agree.

There are areas that kids just have no business being in....but then again, age restrictions don't let kids in most of these areas (ie. clubs, etc.).

I suggest taking them out to an early dinner and then going to the early show of Blue Man before it gets out of hand...then head back to the hotel and check out what is on pay per view (oh by the way...not all hotels have pay per view unless it is adult oriented...they want you gambling, not watching movies)...so check that out when making hotel reservations.

I do agree that Vegas is back to being more adult from a long stint as trying to be more family oriented, but there are fun things for teens to do.

The pool at Mandalay will keep them so busy during the day, so I highly suggest you look into staying there. I don't know any teens that wouldn't love the wave pool and the beach there.

Then out for a fun dinner...even at the buger bar at Mandalay and then tram over to the Luxor for the Blue Man Group for the early show...after a day like that, they will be most likely tired enough to hang in the hotel at 10 pm....

There are also roller coasters and shopping. I hope you have a great time.