We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caesar's Palace

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
Caesar's Palace

Are the basic rooms at Caesar's decent? What are they comparable to? Got a good deal to stay there, not as good as my 59 a night at MGM, but we are strongly considering making the change as it is a neat property.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,581 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caesar's Palace

It's been awhile since I have stayed in a basic room at Caesars but at the time they were decent and comparable if not a bit better then many of the upper strip hotel rooms.

You got a chance to stay at Caesars Over MGM I would jump at it.

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caesar's Palace

I would stay at Caesars just for the experience of staying somewhere different.

Both nice properties.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caesar's Palace

In Jan we stayed at Caesars in the basic room and it was great. A lot better than some others that are deluce or luxury rooms. The room are nice and the bathroom is huge. Trust me, you can't go wrong at Caesar Palace, it was great, I can't wait to stay there again. Their pool is out of this world, they have 5 different and exciting pools.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caesar's Palace

I'll be in Caesars in a few weeks, first time staying there. My buddy made the reservations so I'm no too sure which tower. I heard there is a difference. Maybe someone can clear that up for us.

I have been in the hotel before, though. It has some of the coolest bars in Vegas to hang out in. I can't wait.

Ohio
Level Contributor
553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caesar's Palace

I must have stayed at a different Caesar's than everyone else. I wanted to like Caesar's, but if you are staying in a basic room, the only thing it has going for it is location, in my opinion.

I won a free trip to LV that included two free nights in a standard room at CP. Worth the price, but if I had paid rack rate it would have been a different story. Stayed in Roman Tower and Forum Tower. Here is what I wrote in my trip report:

"All I can say is, “Wow!” Do people really pay $160 a night mid-week for this crap? I’m not an overly picky consumer, but after winding our way through narrow hallways and squeezing past numerous maid carts (at 6 in the evening!) we were greeted with a room boasting such fabulous amenities as stained carpets, a tired (and suspect) bedspread, worn and cracked bathroom moulding and incredibly large though largely inefficient air conditioning. Add the incredibly nice view that consisted mostly of the Centurion Tower and you get the picture."

We "upgraded" the next day to a Forum Tower room:

"Our new Forum Tower room had far fewer stains and a less dodgy bedspread, but there were rust stains on the marble countertop in the bathroom (is that even possible?). The room had a Jacuzzi tub, and a sizable bathroom including a walk-in shower and separate little room for the toilet (which my wife approved of greatly). And then there was the fantastic view of the Colosseum. I finally realized, if you are not in the Palace or Augustus Tower you didn’t have a very good chance for a nice room."

For $59 a night, I would (and, in fact, will) be all over the MGM offer. I have never had a room at MGM that I found disappointing. At $59 a night in a basic CP room I personally would feel I am overpaying. If room quality is negotiable, then CP's location is a big plus. And if its quirky layout and jumble of odd offerings (from Cleopatra's Barge to the Pussycat Dolls) appeal to you as well, then knock yourself out. It is definitely a unique place.

One other note: If your screen name indicates you are a craps player, don't expect to find a CP table under $15, and you may only find one at that. Even at 7 in the morning. MGM routinely has $5 tables in the mornings and always has a couple of $10 tables going whe n things heat up.

6. Re: Caesar's Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 23:17