We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

My husband and I have been many times. We are bringing another couple with us that have never been. I'm all freaked out that they won't have a great time. I am all about researching where to eat and what shows to see and so on. I told them to get online and check things out and let me know what they want to see and do. They said whatever we do will be fine. Leaves it pretty open, huh. We are all in our late 30's.

Whats your top ten ?? or top 5??

We like NY/NY so we will go there for sure.

Bellagio Fountains

Margaritas at Margaritaville

Dinner at Rosemary's

They want to do a rollercoaster ride. NY/NY or at the Strat?

We already had show tickets on Fri and Sat night so they are going to do something else while we are doing the shows.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Gee my top 5 things I wouldn't do with anyone I was going to see back home around.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

I love the rollercoaster at NY NY. Gonna do that again when I go in Sept! I haven't been yet, but want to see the volcanos at Mirage this time. Also going to a Cirque show, Mystere, with the $50 ticket deal, so thrilled about that. The Paris buffet is suppose to be great, so looking forward to that one too.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Wavy 70, I agree. I wear a uniform to work so when I am on vacation I like to dress like a girl (meaning a little sexier than a button down shirt and polyester pants and boots) and this often includes low neck lines. I am a bit concerned about this as I work with the male half of the couple. I am also not looking forward to the whole bathing suit at the pool situation. It's probably just me but a little uncomfortable. I guess I will just drink and drink some more :)

dallas
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

i dont think there is rollercoaster at strat.,

i.m.o. dont try and do to many things , if your at wynn for 5 hours, its ok dont rush them over to strat. there is always next trip,

i would go dt for one night

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Relax and you'll all have a good time. The free nights they'll have while you're at your shows will be great for their personal exploration (and your plunging neckline). One way that no one will have a good time is if there's too much regimentation.

The roller coaster was removed from the Stratosphere last year, so NY NY it is. It was replaced by a night club.

Benezette...
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Because my first trip starts Wed, I will l will let others help you with the places to go BUT I will suggest this.

Both couples take digital cameras. When you arrive at NYNY, take their pic in front of the hotel, check in and everyone will have instant gratification when your friends see themselves standing in front of NYNY at the start of a memorable vacation .

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

went to las vegs in June

although roller coaster not at top of stratosphere there are 3 other rides now on the top

can't remember what they are called but all are extreme and if you are into rides brilliant.

On one ride you are swung out so that you las vegas is below you!

Another you slip down on like a rocket slide as though you are about to fall off the end onto Las Vegas!

The third shoots you up in the air even higher than the top of the building

would consider going there because of the 3 brillian rides

As a family we really enjoyed the free Mirage volcano show and the Treasure Island boat battle

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

(1) Insanity @ Stratosphere for rides X Scream was good as well

(2) Drinks @ VooDoo Lounge. Best view in Vegas. Print off VIP tickets from RioVegasNights website before you go to get free entry.

(3) Speed the ride @ Sahara

(4) Have the Nachos @ Margaritaville (they are enormous) but make sure you share them between the 4 of you.

(5) Dueling Pianos @ Harrahs

(6) Shopping @ Miracle Mile Planet Hollywood.

(7) Dinner @ Mon Ami Gabi (Patio)

(8) Freemont Street

(9) Breakfast Buffet @ Paris

(10) Brew Pub Monte Carlo in the evening.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

Go downtown for a couple hours one evening to see the light show and get a slushy at La Bayou (and fried twinkie at Mermaids if you like those)

United States
Level Contributor
19,303 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top ten things to do in Las Vegas on the first trip??

The ones you listed are a good basis for a first visit.

I would add The Forum Shops as a must do for first timers.