We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I (F) am always on here, reading , taking notes and answering questions, trying to make our next trip that much more !! My DH is always either working, umpiring or when resting , watching a movie, working out, etc. he would never come on TA eg. to use the computer to plan a trip... he only goes on once in a while to play game, but would never research and never join any group discussions..... so after reading so many TR's, sometimes I wonder why are there so many men on here, and do their wives ever come on, or is it just women and some men that come on? My DH is great, he says whatever you plan is great with me.. but sometimes I wish why can't he be like Lowrance !!! LOL

Do the males/females have jobs that allow them the opportunity to view and answer at work or does everyone checks out TA at night?

This is just an observation after reading so many TR's ..... Just curious !!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

JD, I (M) personally look at TA whenever I can, for info, ask questions, learn stuf and generally get excited. At the weekend I switch my PC on before anything else, and then as soon as I get in from work. Time zones are a bit of a bugger though, they should be banned :)

My fiance has never looked at TA, she'd prefer for me to relay info to her.

vancouver
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

Web, that is why its so wierd for me..... why do I love to check everything out as you do... but our SO's...... dont really care....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I guess some people are into forums, some aren't.

My girlfriend likes to sit in a comfy chair flicking through books etc.

I play by the rule that, the more research you do before hand the less mistakes you make whilst there and the more fun you have without wasting time.

I just hate these quite times when everyone's in bed across the pond.

Shouldn't you be in bed anyway?

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

Yes, time difference is an issue Web - but it does give us a chance to catch up on what's been happening.

I (F) do all the planning for our holidays - DH is then presented with a list of choices! I guess it's that old ploy - let him think he's making the decisions, LOL!

He's never been on TA but knows that he benefits from TA's advice (Commander's Palace, The Steakhouse at CC etc!).

Whenever we plan a trip he suggests I "have a look on that Trip Advisor site and see what they say about ......" so he does appreciate the advice!

It will be interesting to see the M/F ratio on here.....

Jo

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

Both my husband and I do online forums, just different ones. He leaves the travel planning to me, mostly because I tend to be very anal when it comes to travel. Also, for travel in the US he always defers to me especially when it comes to Vega since I've been there 40-50 times (can't remember it's been so many) and he's so far just been twice.

I check out the forum in mornings usually, then go about my day and return for a time in evenings.

Obviously, I'm a female, if my husband used these avatars I'd def be wondering about him!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

Jdmss - Sometimes I wish my husband was more like Lowrance too !

Let's panel the people...who wishes they were married to Lowrance?

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I plan the trips in the family (F) so I am the one on Trip Advisor. I find TA to be invaluable in giving me up to date snapshots of the places I want to visit. I also love to read trip reports and I think if you come here for a bit, you get to know the posters' personalities and likes and dislikes. It's almost like visiting with friends. Husband is on the computer all day at work and has no desire to use it at home. I, too, plan the trip and then give him some options to choose from. He, however, sometimes out of the blue suggests a place he would like to go. He recently suggested Quebec City for the Winter Carnival in February, 2008 and I checked TA for locations and now have a hotel at a very good price. Airfare later...

Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I am a stay-at-home Mom, so when I have a free moment, I check out the forum for anything new/interesting. I am the type of person who checks movie reviews before going to the theater and hotel reviews, etc. I want to get the best my money can buy and like to plan things ahead to some extent. My DH doesn't ever do that, he just goes along with what I pick. After I go on my next trip to Vegas, I probably won't be going again for a few years :( so I probably won't be visiting the forum anymore because it would be too painful to hear about everyone else going and not me!

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I, too, plan our trips and DH is online with his grad school work whenever I'm not on here. In fact, I don't have a laptop yet so there's a battle for the computer. If he was more like Lowrance, I'd probably be jealous of all the attention he was giving TA posters...lol. My job allows me plenty of summer time to be on here. DH works year round and has but three weeks vacation...which he spends going to Vegas with me or reading and sleeping. He does like to email.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: M or F - who is mostly on Las Vegas TR and why ?

I (F) love forums. This is one of 4 that I visit. It's my thing. Hubby works in IT and is also on the computer at home 80% of the time. He's a gamer though. We have two computers at home. So while he's playing WoW, I am 4 feet away reading this site and telling him the funny things that are going on.

I also love to plan trips. I would be WAY to stressed out if I didn't read up on a place before leaving. Needless to say, I'm not spontaneous. I do leave a couple of days for some "spontaneity" but, I know so much about the place before I leave that I feel very comfortable knowing we are not getting ripped off or wasting valuable time. Hubby, wants me to plan because he knows I enjoy it. I always ask if he would like this or this when there are a few great options. Usually he's fine with what I pick because we like 90% of the same stuff. :)