We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

I lost my camera at the McCarren airport on August 8. I was flying Southwest and near UsAirways and Allegiant check in desks as well.

I was checking in around 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. It is a Canon silver camera in a black camera bag.

If anyone by chance picked it up, I don't care if I get the camera back, I just would like the card. It has two weeks of family vacation pictures on it. It was our first family vacation in 21 years of marriage and these pictures are important to me. Please if you hear of anyone that may know something, contact me ASAP. I have been checking with the airport and Southwest and Thrifty, but no sign of it yet.

Thanks so much!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

DMH - we will keep bumping this up to the front page for you.

Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

It actually was Thursday, August 9 not the 8th. I have my days all mixed up...

Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

bump

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Wish you all the luck with your camera.

I found a camera back in July 06 in LV; long story, but I found a camera on the floor inside a washroom, and waited outside the washroom for a good 15 minutes. This washroom was not a very busy washroom, during the 15 minutes, only 3 to 5 people walked in and out of the washrooms. While I was waiting, I looked through the pictures and noticed one specific picture that had the town's name on it. I told my wife this town sounds like it’s from Canada; either Alberta or Saskatchewan.

Instead of returning the camera to security, I decided to take the camera home and look for the owner; bad move on my part, but at the time I figured the owner had no clue where he dropped it, cause it looked like the camera was sitting on the floor for some time (like over an hour); and I was standing outside the washroom for over 15 minutes. Well after 6 months, plus one very nice lady on TA, I was able to find the owner, and the camera is back to the rightful owner.

Just to say happy ending do happen sometime, wishing you the same.

Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Thank you to all of you. Your encouragement gives me hope!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Vegas257 - How exactly DOES a camera look liike it was on the floor for over an hour??

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Vegas 258- I am in no means trying to pick on you, in fact I find it very admirable that you did all this....it's just one of the oddest statements i have ever heard :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

DMH1416....I was there later that night leaving on Southwest and did not see it! I am so sorry!!!!

I looked on the McCarran website and they have a "Lost and Found" section under the "contact us". Here is the phone number they listed... you might try and see if they have it!

(702) 261-5134

Good luck!! I hope you get it back.

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

Sorry to hear about your camera and losing those valuable pictures. That's very sad. Mine actually broke during my trip. Did you leave it in the cab or vehicle that took you to the airport?

Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone find a camera at McCarren airport on August 8???

I had it when we left the Excalibur and then when we got to security at the airport, I realized it was gone. So devastating. Retraced all of our steps, went to all of the check in desks, outside check in, called Thrifty, went to Lost & Found at the airport. Nothing. I called on Friday again. Will call again on Monday all of the places I can.