We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
570 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

I have to admit CSI Las Vegas was my favourite show for a good long time (until grissom and sarah did the dirty) and Las Vegas is a great show that i need to see more of

reading up on some LA shows being filmed, it seems theyve started filming their sitcoms etc now

It would be amazingly cool to see a film crew live in Las Vegas, especially CSI.

Does anyone know if any of these shows (or others) are filming in the next couple of months?

Many thanks if you can help :0)

Mentioned in this post
CSI: The Experience
1,271 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

Virtually all the filming for shows like CSI and others set in LV is done at sound stages at Hollywood. The only time they go to Vegas is to do one or two exterior shots that are simply impossible to recreate.

Extremely unlikely you'll ever see any filming in Vegas.

Mentioned in this post
1,271 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
2. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2007, 12:53
Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
570 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

arh thats a shame, it wont detract anything from the trip it just would have been nice to have seen a tv crew film

thanks anyway for the info, much appreciated :0)

Lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
408 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

when we were down in Fremont street last October we saw a film crew filming for CSI we stood for 2 hours watching and videoing (they said they did not mind you filming or taking pics no flash though) and when the show was broadcast the scene lasted all of about 10 seconds, (it was the one about the 70s gangster). None of the main stars were there but i was very happy so say when the scene was televised that i was there.

Mentioned in this post
1,271 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
binghamton
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

sounds like the show NYPD Blue where most of the shows were fimed on a studio set.

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
570 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

ive read Las Vegas has the largest set for a tv show so i pretty much knew they wouldnt do any location filming unless completely necessary

saying that however, i always assumed it was based on the monte carlo or bellagio and that they just cgid the montecito onto one of these hotels

its cool to hear about the csi filming at fremont. I figured if they ever film anywhere on location it would be downtown.

its a shame there isnt an unofficial website out there that lists when these shows are being made on location

Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
837 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

Is it just me or in some fly by sceenes it looks like the computer generated Montecito and the also computer generated hotel in Ocean 13's are "located" on vacant open space (where the are no real buildings) "across" the strip from Mandalay Bay?

EK

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

I think Oceans 13 was the empty lot between Planet Ho and the Harley Cafe. Overall that movie was a huge dissappointment.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
580 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

Las Vegas uses it's Montecito from the Bellagio. And Oceans 13 was for sure in the empty lot behind PH.

Mentioned in this post
Brownsville, Texas
Level Contributor
792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tv shows Filming in Las Vegas

Ocean's 13 was so disappointing, soo boring.