We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Strip Dining Recs

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Off Strip Dining Recs

Hi all--

Have not been to Vegas in (Gasp) almost a year, which is like forever for me and my husband, LOL.

Last time we were there, we ate primarily off strip and loved it. Better prices, better quality, no crowds.

Looking for an update on recs. I already have Lindo Michoacan, Lotus of Siam, Mayflower Cuisinier, and A Taste of Indonesia marked to try to/and or go to again.

Any other suggestions? Like to have this stuff printed out before the trip so we don't just end up at buffets on strip because we can't figure things out.

Thanks in advance.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

rosemary's if you have transpo

i love lotus of siam - a true gem, great food.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

Andre's, Pasta Palace, Rosemary's, the Original House of Pancakes, plus a whole lot more.

San Pedro
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

For Sushi either the buffet at;

Makino Restaurant, 3965 S Decatur Blvd # 5, Las Vegas, NV 89103

(702) 889-4477 www.makinolasvegas.com

3965 S Decatur Blvd # 5, Las Vegas, NV 89103

or

Regular sushi restaurant (their garlic tuna is the best!)

Osaka, 4205 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102

(702) 876-4988 www.lasvegas-sushi.com

4205 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102

Check out Yelp for a particular crusine.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

A Taste of Indonesia is now closed :-(.

Rosemary's(try their $22 lunch coupon-it is really a bargain), Andre's downtown and Hugo's. The Joyful House (Spring Mountain) has a nice hot pot from about 10:30PM until 3AM. It also has some very authentic Chinese food. Cathay House(Spring Mountain) for dim sum. Firefly for tapas.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

I personally thought Rosemary's was a bit overrated. Nothing wrong with it, but I certainly wouldn't put it in the top 10 in the city, much less number one.

I think it gets a lot of votes for the same reason CC Steakhouse does. It's not where you would expect to find great food. The followers of these restaurants are almost zealots in their belief in how great they are.

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

Thanks for all the new recs, everyone!

And bummer about A Taste of Indonesia, I was really looking forward to trying it! :(.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

I was disappointed about A Taste of Indonesia closing. It was one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas. It was small but the food was very good. They even had a "rice table" the same as they have in Holland.

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

AHHHHHHHH. Are you trying to make me cry? LOL.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

Lawry's on the corner of Tropicana and Howard Hughes; excellent beef restuarant and a delightful Olde Worlde atmosphere to boot.

10. Re: Off Strip Dining Recs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 20:17