We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas monorail

Seaford, Delaware
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vegas monorail

Can you purchase the $9 monorail ticket (unlimited rides for 24 hours) at the monorail stations or is it just available thru the website?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas monorail

you can buy passes at the terminals. The machines take cash or credit card...pretty convenient.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas monorail

It is my understanding from the website that you can get it at the station also but the offer may expire the end of Sept. I was going to purchase some on line but there was a $3.50 shipping fee for the order so I decided to wait till I got there

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas monorail

just to let you know that you can't share passes either.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas monorail

You can't share a one day or three day pass, but you can share a 10 ride pass. Unfortunately, they are pretty pricey.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
542 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas monorail

Yep, they finger print you and take a blood sample before you're allowed to purchase a pass.

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas monorail

The monorail was more convenient than the Deuce as in there wasn't a long wait and the travel time was quick but actually getting to the monorail was a long walk.

Mentioned in this post
The Deuce
The Deuce
1,723 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas monorail

I got the 10 trip pass for me and DW . We were staying at Paris nad had to go up to Sahara twice and MGM once - and since the Paris Hotel gave us a coupon for $7 off of a 10 trip ticket that brought the price down to $28 for 10 trips and made it a reasonable alternative to a cab. The wal from the station to the Sahara is very manageable - but other stations (e.g Paris) - you can expect a long walk from the lobby of the hotel to the monorail station. If it was not for the disciount coupon - and the fact that it was just the two of us - I would have opted for a cab.

One trip tickets at $5 a pop are far too expensive to make this a more attractive alternative than a cab - especially when you have two or more people and factor in the walk

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
26,642 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
tampa
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas monorail

I think building the monorail system in LV was a good idea in theory, but it's just not convenient. They tried to make it work like Disney World. I never see many people riding it when I'm there, but in the middle of summer I sure it beats walking.

12th

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas monorail

The speical $9.00 price expires September 30th. If you will not

be in Las Vegas prior to that, you can take advantage and purchase

on their website. The pass will have a date and time stamp on it.

It will be valid for one year from that. However, of course the first

time you use it, the clock starts, and good for 24 hours.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas monorail

Thanks for the info on the $9 passes. I am leaving Wed & we could use these all day passes as will are staying at Paris part of the weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Paris Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas
26,642 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV