We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian at Venetian

wallington,surrey
Level Contributor
228 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Italian at Venetian

I need recommendations for a good Italian restaurant at the Venetian.hope to eat there either before or after Seeing Phantom,We have seen the show in London,Can't wait to see it in Vegas.Also how much should we expect to pay for meal at suggested restaurants.

Many thanks in Advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian at Venetian

Hi - we've eaten at two of the Italian restaurants at the Venetian.

Most recently we ate at Zefferini, whihc is upstairs overlooking the canal. It has a very swanky formal atmosphere. Food was good. My husband had the bean soup followed by lamb. My friend and I bothe skipped starters and I had a pasta main and she had sea bass. All the food nice - bread basket was delicious - but I found it pricey for what it was. Mains were around $35 each and not the huge portions we've come to expect when visiting the States. We spent around $200, but that included a very nice bottle of red wine.

On a previous visit, we ate at Postrio, which is in 'St Mark's Square'. I believe that there is an inside area, though we ate 'al fresco' so to speak! Again I had a pasta dish and the food was very good. Generous portions and a little less expensive than Zefferini, but not much.

A less expensive choice would be the Grand Lux Cafe. The name is a bit off-putting. It is definately NOT a Cafe, but a 24 hour restaurant (very convenient when you have jet lag!). We ate here on the last trip and would recommend it highly. Good choice of food, excellent service. Main courses under $20 and portions are HUGE. Definately worth a visit at some point on your trip!

My suggestion would be to visit the Olive's Restaurant at the Bellagio. Apparently it's part of a chain in the US, but it is great. I t has an outdoor terrace with views over the Beallgio fountains. Food is superb. I can recommend their flatbreads and the butternut squash pasta - to die for! Good selection of wines and the waiters are very knowledgeable about the wine list - we eat there EVERY trip - it's a must on our to do list. Less expensive than either of the Venetian Italian restaurants.

Well, that's my opinion anyway. I've read that there are some good Italian restaurants off the strip, but have yet to try them. Do a search in this forum and plenty of suggestions will be listed I'm sure.

Finally... don't forget to check the hotel websites for their dining options. They often have menus for you to browse, which will help you make a decision.

When you return, don't forget to tell us about your gourmet dining experiences - it's my favourite topic : )

Jo

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian at Venetian

We enjoyed Canaletto - by the canal shoppes.

http://venetian.com/CANALETTO.aspx

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian at Venetian

. . . . just back from the Venetian. Ate at B&B Ristorante. The Italian food was fabulous. Highly recommended.

Essex
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian at Venetian

Not sure whether you have taken your trip by now but thought I would add my comments anyway.

We have just returned from a trip to Vegas and stayed at the Venetian. We agree with a previous poster that the Grand lux Cafe serves excellent, well-priced food and the waiting staff are well trained and professional.

Zefferini's served nice food but was overpriced and the wine was ridiculously expensive. We (me and hubby) paid $190 for an entree each, a shared desert and a bottle of run-of-the mill Merlot. They obviously trade on the fact that it 'overlooks' the canal and the owner has met Sugar Ray Leonard and Pavarotti (photos on wall vouch for the fact) but quite frankly, we would have to have had necks like giraffes to view the canal from our canal-side table!

Overall, we were surprised at how expensive it was to eat and drink in Vegas. We felt it was on a par with London prices. On our last night we ended up in Margarittaville which was an unexpected treat. Decent, reasonably priced food, cheesy entertainment, great waiting staff - we had a good old giggle in there and didnt feel ripped off.

Rosemary's receives fantastic reviews on this site however we left disappointed - see separate review on our experience.

Tao restaurant served nice enough food and had a great atmosphere but is extremely pretentious - OK if you like that scene. I used to lap that kind of stuff up but have tired of it lately.

Hope that helps!

Nicky

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian at Venetian

Mario Batalli has two restaurants in Venetian. The Enoteca is less expensive and wonderful. I haven't eaten at the other but would assume it is great too. Except for Delmonic (not Italian) there are not too many other places I would eat at the Venetian.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italian at Venetian

Nicky, trying to find your review of Rosemary's. Wonder what you didn't like.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italian at Venetian

I agree with damama that Enoteca San Marco at Venetian is excellent, but it feels much more like a very nice lunchtime cafe than a dinner restaurant to me in terms of atmosphere.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italian at Venetian

I don't know about the prices or menu of the inside restaurant, Postrio, but my friends and I ate in the outside part. The food was very good and very reasonably priced in my opinion.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Italian at Venetian

Stratton, if you ask for one of the tables farther back, it is better. You don't feel like a pigeon is going to drop on you.

Essex
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italian at Venetian

Hi Damama

Ive submitted our review on Rosemary's now for you to read, it may take a little while for it to be uploaded though.

Nicky