We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Boston...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm leaving for Vegas next Thursday, (finally)!!! Anyway, what's your opinions on checking in at the airport vs. checking in at the hotel?

My boyfriend and I are staying at the Flamingo and our flight lands around 2pm.

Thanks for all the help you guys have giving over the past few weeks, I love reading the boards and getting all the expert advice.

Michelle

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Some posters have recently said that Harrahs closed it's airport check in. Call the hotel to be 100% sure.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

If airport check in is available, I'd use it simply as a time saving exercise. Both locations have access to identical software so you're not going to get a better room at one rather than the other.

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Harrah's airport checkin was closed when we tried to use it on September 14. Do call ahead to see if this is a temporary problem or if it was permanent. It does save time during peak hours, especially if you have a long wait for luggage anyway.

Level Contributor
1,929 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Wow, that stinks if Harrah's airport checkin is permanently closed. Loved that feature!

Level Contributor
1,929 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

I haven't called to confirm -- but any mention of Harrah's checkin at the airport has been pulled from both Harrah's website and the McCarran website. So I think that, for whatever reason, Harrah's has left the building.

Totally bummed by this.

Boston...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

I haven't called the Flamingo yet to confirm that they don't do airport check in anymore, I plan on callng sometime this weekend, so I'll let you all know when I know.

M

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
308 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

Checked in at the hotel - arrived about 3:30 pm - no problem - no lines (Paris)

naples, fl
Level Contributor
127 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

We got in at 10:30 PM and the lines at the hotel (Flamingo) check in were about three people long.

Don't know if that will help or not.

United States
Level Contributor
20,855 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I have seen some very long lines at check-in at The Flamingo. Might want to go to the bathroom before getting in line.

Definitely do airport check-in if still possibe, but it doesn't seem likely anymore.

Let us know if airport check-in is still an option.

10. Re: Check-In At The Airport or Not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 12:20